IOS 4.3.3 includes battery issues??

imasteri

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
i have all jailbroken my iphone and back-up my apps. But is it worth to update to the newest IOS?? And shall i first do a restore to begin clean. And then update and then JB again??

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Always restore your device to proper clean firmware, then restore again with a modified firmware from Redsn0w - also, make sure you "restore as new" and not from a backup.

This will ensure you get the cleanest, problem free JB, but at the cost of losing saved games, text message history, and if you don't backup contacts over the air, you lose them as well.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
are you happy with what you have now? how is your battery life?..

these are the questions you might want to ask yourself before doing anything..

personally, i always restore as new (no backup) before going to a new update (well i do it more often then that but that is another story) then i jailbreak again with the latest and greatest tool

some people prefer to just update and re-jailbreak. personal preference..

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
as far as battery issues with 4.3.3? none for me. i feel like it is because i restored as new without backup that eliminated any possibilities of this happening. which most people with battery issues do not consider, i am sure

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I feel like in order to get a true balance you need the other perspective on things. I have been Jailbroken since the very first iPhone, so that is 4 years now. I have always restored from my backup and I have never redone a JB because of issues. I don't subscribe to the setup as new camp I think that is a cop out option and should be your last resort. I do think unless you are an unlocker though that you should upgrade via iTunes to whatever firmware version you plan to JB so if there are any baseband updates etc. you do get them. However to me if you do your JB and you restore from backup and you find the JB flaky then you have the option to redo the JB and setup as new so why lose all your data in the first place?

imasteri

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hello guys, i just restored as new and jailbreak with newest sn0wbreeze. But i noticed that my battery drains a lot.
If i have wifi on and playing game the battery is very bad.
But therefore my battery was much longer. i was on ios 4.3.2 with redsn0w JB.
What can i do? Wait until new ios for battery fixes?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods