3GS 32gb 4.0.1 05.13.04 bb 411

dmoss74

May 4, 2011
Visit site
i just got a 3gs with those specs (jailbroken/unlocked) but it's a mess. there are all kinds of apps and such i don't want, or want to deal with. i don't want to restore to the latest version (4.3.3).

what can i do? i assume i can download an in between ipsw and restore from itunes, then do an older jailbreak? like 4.1?

i know i don't want to upgrade to the 6.15 bb and all those headaches, so i want to keep the bb i have.

is that how the drill goes?

thanks

Supra1jz

Nov 28, 2010
Visit site
To keep your bb u need to make custom firmware for the version u want to use if on windows use snowbrezze if Mac pawnage tool

dmoss74

May 4, 2011
Visit site
wow, this is the second phone i am having the same issues with. i used snowbreeze to make an ipsw, but every time i try to restore with it, i get a 3194 error message. is apple ahead of the game here?

what exactly is the chronological set of events needed to be taken to get this accomplished? a lot of sites go on about things like tiny umbrella, shsh blobs, etc.

the phone is already jailbroken, but has about ten gigs of crap on it i don't want.

the last time i tried an apple restore, it went into permanent 15xx error messages, and i fear it would do that again, otherwise i'd justgo ahead and do the update to 4.3.3, then jailbreak it again.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you do any Apple official upgrade the only way you'll be able to unlock it is with the iPad baseband. There is a JB using Pwnage Tool and Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.3 and since you have a 3Gs I would just use that. Make sure in whichever one you use that the "Activate the phone" option is checked. You will find this under Expert Mode not Simple/Normal Mode. If you've used Tiny Umbrella before or edited your hosts file look for my thread If you can't upgrade using iTunes. Make sure you're using an Apple cable and it is plugged right into the computer not through a hub. Once you reload the firmware you'll have to redo the unlock so head over to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to tutorial, iPhone, Unlock and follow the steps.

dmoss74

May 4, 2011
Visit site
If you do any Apple official upgrade the only way you'll be able to unlock it is with the iPad baseband. There is a JB using Pwnage Tool and Sn0wbreeze for 4.3.3 and since you have a 3Gs I would just use that. Make sure in whichever one you use that the "Activate the phone" option is checked. You will find this under Expert Mode not Simple/Normal Mode. If you've used Tiny Umbrella before or edited your hosts file look for my thread If you can't upgrade using iTunes. Make sure you're using an Apple cable and it is plugged right into the computer not through a hub. Once you reload the firmware you'll have to redo the unlock so head over to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and go to tutorial, iPhone, Unlock and follow the steps.

thanks! that worked like a charm.