Possible iPhone convert, Verizon JB info?

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Here's my intro / plea for help...

I'm new to Apple products. My Fiance was issued an iPad2 for work. I wasn't all that interested in having one until I started playing around with hers... I now have my own.

So of course, that led me to researching jail breaking. Since I can't yet JB my iPad2, I did my Son's Ipod Touch last night. It was fun, and most importantly, it still works!

I have a Rooted Droid X now, but I just really like the iPhone. That, and I believe I'll be able to share apps between my iPad and iPhone? I'm going to get the iPhone as long as it's possible to JB it. I know that it is, my concern is what iOS the new iPhone will come with. If I've read correctly, there's not currently an unteathered JB for 4.3.3? How does one go about putting an older iOS on the phone?

Now I don't have a problem running an older iOS, I just don't know how to put an older one on the new phone.

Can anyone give me some advice, or a link that points me in the right direction? I'm a complete novice here, so I'm sure there's something that I'm not even thinking about here that I should know...

I would've taken the time to do some more searching on my own, but I'm going to be going to the Verizon store in a bit to do some other things. I'd like to get the iphone at the same time!

Thank you for any help you can give.

korp#IM

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Here's my intro / plea for help...

I'm new to Apple products. My Fiance was issued an iPad2 for work. I wasn't all that interested in having one until I started playing around with hers... I now have my own.

So of course, that led me to researching jail breaking. Since I can't yet JB my iPad2, I did my Son's Ipod Touch last night. It was fun, and most importantly, it still works!

I have a Rooted Droid X now, but I just really like the iPhone. That, and I believe I'll be able to share apps between my iPad and iPhone? I'm going to get the iPhone as long as it's possible to JB it. I know that it is, my concern is what iOS the new iPhone will come with. If I've read correctly, there's not currently an unteathered JB for 4.3.3? How does one go about putting an older iOS on the phone?

Now I don't have a problem running an older iOS, I just don't know how to put an older one on the new phone.

Can anyone give me some advice, or a link that points me in the right direction? I'm a complete novice here, so I'm sure there's something that I'm not even thinking about here that I should know...

I would've taken the time to do some more searching on my own, but I'm going to be going to the Verizon store in a bit to do some other things. I'd like to get the iphone at the same time!

Thank you for any help you can give.

You can share apps with the iPhone and iPad .... some are made to fit both perfectly.

On Verizon you wouldn't be looking at 4.3 anything yet because the phone is still on 4.2 but I do however have my iPhone JB'd on 4.2.7 untethered .... just make sure the most current version has a jb version or stay on the one out of the box until the newest has a jb version.

Reactions: HolyHandGrenade

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone will ship with 4.2.8, and there is a jailbreak available for that. Since you said you're new to the Apple scene, I'm assuming you have a PC? If so, then Sn0wbreeze is your best bet for jailbreaking your iPhone. Here's a step by step guide to help you through that: iOS 4.3.3/4.2.8 jailbreak with sn0wbreez 2.7 Step by step Guide

Any app in the App Store that has a little "+" sign next to the price/purchase button means it works on both the iPhone and the iPad. Not all apps are this way, but a very good portion are. So, you buy it for one and you can download it on both :)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
OK like they have said the Verizon phone is a bit out of match with the AT&T so AT&T is on 4.3.3 while Verizon iPhone is on 4.2.8. There are JB out for both 4.2.8 and 4.3.3 anyway. You wouldn't have been able to downgrade the firmware/OS on the phone because you just bought it. In order to downgrade you must have you SHSH blobs saved. You wouldn't have blobs saved for an older version than the phone came with. You already got a link to a guide you can also go here for the same info too always better to have more than one link. Sn0wBreeze | iPhoneHeat you should also do a search on here for SHSH, Hosts and Tiny for Tiny Umbrella just to give you a little more info on it.

May 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, thanks again for the help everyone. I'm in the process of JBing right now. I just need to know whether to install SSN or not. I don't know what this means. Tried the web but no luck..

Figured it out. I'm all JBroken now. Already got PDA.net, and a few others. Thanks again!

Last edited:
May 13, 2011
Visit site
hi, glad it worked out for ya'. can i get a "Thanks" too?? :D

You got it :D

Well, I've been pimping my phone out for the last three days now. I'm having a blast. My list of Cydia apps is now longer than my list of Apple store apps!

I wouldn't even want this phone without the Jailbreak now that I know what's possible... My Son is enjoying my new hobby as well. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I can share Cydia apps among my various devices. So needless to say my Boy has everthing that I have on my phone on his iPod. Everything that will work anyway.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL have fun :D just make sure before you install an app you check the info on the app not all of them are compatible. There have been posts on here of people who installed an app and had their phone start to crash requiring a reload and re-JB. You should also search on here for OpenSSH I've given links on how to do it and it's an easy way to backup your Winterboard tweaks.

May 13, 2011
Visit site
LOL have fun :D just make sure before you install an app you check the info on the app not all of them are compatible. There have been posts on here of people who installed an app and had their phone start to crash requiring a reload and re-JB. You should also search on here for OpenSSH I've given links on how to do it and it's an easy way to backup your Winterboard tweaks.

Hey thanks! I already did a backup with PKG. Do I still need more? I tried to find your threads on OpenSSH with no luck. You wouldn't have a link handy would you?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711