Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

Default Delete jailbreak 4.2.1

Hello,
    I would like to remove my jailbreak on 4.2.1 and stay with this software version. I tried to ALT-restore to 4.2.1, but that's not working. I found a way to downgrade using SHSH, but it seems I have SHSHs for 4.3.3.

Is there any other way to restore my device? I have searched for hours but didn't find anything.

PS, I have an iPod Touch 4G.

Thanks for your reply.

Global Posts
    6,819 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

No there is no way to reload your firmware and stay on an old version without SHSH blobs.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,957 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Are you sure you don't have SHSH for 4.2.1? Try downloading and using Tiny Umbrella to see what blobs you have saved. If you used the Make My Life Easier button in Cydia when you did your jailbreak you may have your 4.2.1 blobs.
    iPhone Nanite

Default Re: Delete jailbreak 4.2.1

hello,
    i have got the iphone 3gs that has been jailbroken. i have no idea about jailbreaks and i was wondering how to remove the jailbreak easily.
    i have already tried to just restore it with itunes but i just get error 115. i want to remove the jailbreak and upgrade software and i would also like to stay jailbreak free.
    is there anyway i can un-jailbreak my device?
    please reply

Global Posts
    4,715 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6 and 5

Default Delete jailbreak 4.2.1

Quote Originally Posted by tastin15 View Post
    hello,
    i have got the iphone 3gs that has been jailbroken. i have no idea about jailbreaks and i was wondering how to remove the jailbreak easily.
    i have already tried to just restore it with itunes but i just get error 115. i want to remove the jailbreak and upgrade software and i would also like to stay jailbreak free.
    is there anyway i can un-jailbreak my device?
    please reply
    Try dfu mode and restore
    iPhone Nanite

i have tried to put the iphone in DFU mode and restore but i still get the error 1015
    is there any hope in removing the jailbreak or should i just throw the phone in bin lol
    and also when i put the iphone in DFU mode and restore with itunes, the restore nearly completes but right at the end it says ERROR 1015 and it then says "we itunes has detected an iphone in recovery mode, you must restore the iphone before you can use it in itines" what shoud i do?
    Last edited by tastin15; 11-30-2012 at 01:17 PM.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    877 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Two points:
    1. Try using a different USB port and/or another computer.
    2. Do some research to make sure you're entering DFU and not Recovery mode.
    If you have jailbreak woes, you can iMessage me at iDonev@me.com. I'll try to help (provided I have time to spare).