Jailbreak completely uninstalled?

mario64

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I recently applied the greenpois0n jailbreak to my Verizon iphone 4 (4.2.6). I tried it for a few days then decided to go back to official firmware. I allowed itunes to update the device to 4.2.8 and everything seems to be working fine. Does this completely remove the jailbreak or must I do a restore and "setup as new" too? Thanks.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
If you updated then your jailbreak is no longer there. There may or not be some footprints within the
file system depending on things you installed. But if you want to be 100% sure then set it up as "new"

mario64

May 9, 2011
Visit site
If you updated then your jailbreak is no longer there. There may or not be some footprints within the
file system depending on things you installed. But if you want to be 100% sure then set it up as "new"
Ok thank you. One last question. If I restore and setup as new will that mess anything up with Verizon, i.e. will my phone still be activated and have the same number, etc?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok thank you. One last question. If I restore and setup as new will that mess anything up with Verizon, i.e. will my phone still be activated and have the same number, etc?

Yeah. As soon as it's restored as new iTunes will activate just fine for you. You
won't run into any problems.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2