If you can't reload your firmware and you're tearing out your hair check here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Oh come on how is that much easier you type two hash signs and save :p sounds pretty easy to me. LOL

Edited the first page to include the TU setting. Thanks Massie

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Ricky, check out my posts in this thread and let me know everything sounds good to you. If i still have to do the "host file editing", then i will.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Everything sounds like it should be good but if you ever used Tiny Umbrella then you can do what Massie suggested. You can also instead do the hosts file edit beleive me it's not as hard as it sounds. I usually like to do things manually myself that way I know for sure the changes have been made.

Reactions: anon(631531)

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
O.K. I've unchecked the "set hosts to Cydia" box in TU, and hit apply changes. Is there anything else to do in TU? What about saving SHSH, or restoring phone? My phone is still connected, and TU is still opened up.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Ipheuria

I'm rockin' again. Plugged my wife's 3GS into my Mac, and it installed new IOS perfectly. This time i did it with TU, but i'm saving your post as a back-up plan, just in case. Now i know what Tiny Umbrella is all about. Much thanks to Massie and Ipheuria for their help, and for putting up with me. My son says that i'm going into the 21st century, kicking and screaming. I guess this old Marine can still learn a few new tricks. Again, thanks guys. Semper Fi.:D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm rockin' again. Plugged my wife's 3GS into my Mac, and it installed new IOS perfectly. This time i did it with TU, but i'm saving your post as a back-up plan, just in case. Now i know what Tiny Umbrella is all about. Much thanks to Massie and Ipheuria for their help, and for putting up with me. My son says that i'm going into the 21st century, kicking and screaming. I guess this old Marine can still learn a few new tricks. Again, thanks guys. Semper Fi.:D

Anytime :D for all you did for us all with your service.

Reactions: anon(631531)

chris15682#IM

May 9, 2011
Visit site
HELP PLEASE !!!!! All new to me right now. I'm using Snowbreeze 2.6.1 and trying to JB my Verizon iPhone on 4.2.7. I'm using a Windows PC. I have done all of the above steps and when verifying with Apple I keep getting Error 3149. Uuuuuuggggghhhhh!!!

brucewayne

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
it's not a brick, doesn't the phone still work? just because the baseband doesn't change the phone should still work fine. You have loaded the stock firmware through iTunes right? my iPhone 4 is on 4.3.2 and it's on the same baseband. The 4.3.3 was a very small patch it may not have updated the baseband which is why you still have the same baseband. I wouldn't worry about it if your phone works.

No the phone shows no service at the top, and network not available under settings

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
HELP PLEASE !!!!! All new to me right now. I'm using Snowbreeze 2.6.1 and trying to JB my Verizon iPhone on 4.2.7. I'm using a Windows PC. I have done all of the above steps and when verifying with Apple I keep getting Error 3149. Uuuuuuggggghhhhh!!!

You can't do 4.2.7 because Apple is not signing that firmware anymore. Get h 4.2.8 and the corresponding JB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner