Weird sbsettings problem

wboyle3

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
So around a month ago my vibrate switch stopped working. I found a way around this by using SBSettings and using the ringer toggle. Awesome, everything works again.

Until the other day... I tried to change my SMS tone from tri tone to any of the other ones and it will not change. So I checked my phone ringtone and that will change.

Now this isn't a huge issue ( I'm just glad to have any sound at all!) but it is something I thought I would look into. Anyone else having this problem? Any ideas as to how to make my SMS tone change?

Any info or ideas would be awesome!!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Did you take the phone back when the vibrate switch first went bad? Maybe there is dirt stuck in the switch? Try some compressed air (like the kind that comes in cans to clean off computer keyboards). I would fix the first problem, first, then work on the SBSettings.

wboyle3

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
The switch stopped working because it has water damage. Apple and Verizon won't do anything but replace it for $169.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
If you're using biteSMS or any kind of sms app that has the ability to use custom ringtones, check with that app to make sure it's set to use the one you want.

edit: you answered my question about the warranty while I was writing my first post.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal