Need help with Verizon 4.2.7

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm new to the Iphone world and I'm kind of lost. I want to jailbreak my phone using the new untethered break from snowbreeze. I guess to do it I need to jailbreak it first as tethered using redsn0w. I for the life of me can not find where I can download redsn0w for Verizon. Anyone out there no where I can get a link. I've searched here, youtube, google and I can't find one that works. I am using Windows seven and again my phone is with Verizon. Thanks to all.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
You don't need redsn0w to jailbreak the iphone. Unless you would rather have a tethered version. Untethered is the best.
tipb.com/2011/05/01/untether-verizon-iphone-jailbreak-ios-427-sn0wbreeze-261/
use that link to jailbreak your phone. Hope this helps.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Thanks I will try this! From everything I have read it seemed that I needed to have the tethered jailbreak first?? I don't know. I came from Blackberry and this is all so foreign to me but Ill keep trying. Thanks again.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
He's right you don't need tethered jb first just download snowbreeze, the 4.2.7 firmware from apple drop it into the snowbreeze app it make a jb version of the firmware follow the instructions on how to place in DFU mode. Tell iTunes to restore with custom firmware few minutes later you are jailbroken free to Theme up and tweak up

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Where can I get snowbreezez and the firmware? Thanks in advance. I went to youtube and couldn't find any help but I did get further confused!:) It seems all the videos kept referring to redsn0w. I can't be this stupid...well maybe I am.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Does it take a while to download the 4.2.7 firmware? I've been at it for almost twenty minutes and the page is still white? I am so frickin frustrated. I've googled several places to get this file and I can't. Any help is greatly appreciated.

brokenxreality

May 1, 2011
Visit site
appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-0614.20110414.B47xa/iPhone3,3_4.2.7_8E303_Restore.ipsw

try this for firmware. the getios.com should show up for you. shows up for me. weird.

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
appldnld.apple.com/iPhone4/041-0614.20110414.B47xa/iPhone3,3_4.2.7_8E303_Restore.ipsw

try this for firmware. the getios.com should show up for you. shows up for me. weird.

Thanks but no. I'm using Windows 7 and I open your link in a new tab and it just sits there. The tab says "connecting" and when I look at the page there is nothing there. Can't believe I can be this stupid...37 years old and can I be this out of touch with technology!!

anon4705295

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I think you can use Greenpois0n to do the jailbreak, read this: How to jailbreak iOS 4.2.6 Verizon iPhone 4 with Greenpois0n on Mac Might give you some idea.

IIRC Apple stopped signing 4.2.6, so that jailbreak no longer works. I just JB my ViP and let me tell you, it was a pain. The actual JB was really easy - it was finding out HOW to do it that was hard. I went here and followed their tutorial. At first I tried to set it up with Snowbreeze, but since I have a Mac I tried it on my Windows virtual machine. It was so slow I gave up. I ended up using a tethered redsn0w jailbreak and then once it was jailbroken I downloaded some thingy from cydia that made it untethered. It's all there in the link, though. It's greatly helpful!

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
IIRC Apple stopped signing 4.2.6, so that jailbreak no longer works. I just JB my ViP and let me tell you, it was a pain. The actual JB was really easy - it was finding out HOW to do it that was hard. I went here and followed their tutorial. At first I tried to set it up with Snowbreeze, but since I have a Mac I tried it on my Windows virtual machine. It was so slow I gave up. I ended up using a tethered redsn0w jailbreak and then once it was jailbroken I downloaded some thingy from cydia that made it untethered. It's all there in the link, though. It's greatly helpful!

Thanks! I'll give this a try.

Topgunner

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
4.2.6 or 4.2.7

IIRC Apple stopped signing 4.2.6, so that jailbreak no longer works.

What does that actually mean?

Secondly, I jb my ViP with greenpoison when it was at 4.2.6. I'm still at 4.2.6, so what would be the advantage/disadvantage or upgrading to 4.2.7 just so I could jailbreak again with snowbreeze??? If this latest update was just to add a security patch, why not stay at 4.2.6? There are rumors of iOS5 coming out, or wil VZW go to 4.3.2??

Any feedback will be appreicated.

Jeffdc5#IM

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
Nothing hard about jailbreaking with snowbreeze just need to follow steps it's basically like using pwnagetool. Took me 20 minutes and most of it was waiting for firmware to download

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
What does that actually mean?

Secondly, I jb my ViP with greenpoison when it was at 4.2.6. I'm still at 4.2.6, so what would be the advantage/disadvantage or upgrading to 4.2.7 just so I could jailbreak again with snowbreeze??? If this latest update was just to add a security patch, why not stay at 4.2.6? There are rumors of iOS5 coming out, or wil VZW go to 4.3.2??

Any feedback will be appreicated.

I'm staying on 4.2.6 - and will update if 4.3.whatever comes out and there's an untethered jailbreak for the Verizon phone.

Topgunner

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm staying on 4.2.6 - and will update if 4.3.whatever comes out and there's an untethered jailbreak for the Verizon phone.

Exactly, that's what I'm thinking. I don't know why we would upgrade to 4.2.7 when 4.2.6 works great and I'm not missing out on any features. :D

dsmith3427

Banned
Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I've managed to FINALLY get the firmware downloaded and saved in douments. I then saved it to my desktop. Now when I try and click and drag the file during the jailbreak process it won't work. I can drag the file but it doesnt stay in the box where I am supposed to drag it to. Am I missing something?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner