China SIM Card for unlocked 3gs?

Dec 1, 2009
Visit site
So my wife leaves this weekend for a week in China. I would like for her to be able to buy a SIM card at the airport or other easy place, pop it into her phone and allow her internet access. She doesn't need much but it would be nice to use MyWi so that she can connect the laptop. She is not very tech savy so I am looking for an easy solution.

The phone is a US/ ATT white 3gs, Firmware of 05.13.04, jailbroken at 4.0.1 (jailbreakme.com i think) and unlocked with Ultra snow 1.2.2. My phone is identical (although black) and I can swap out our sim cards between phones and they both seem to work.

She will be traveling through Hong Kong and going to Guangzhou and Shenzen. I am looking for a cheap data plan, she doesn't use much and will just be emailing or using the web. I have seen reference to the need to change a setting, it seems easy to me but I won't be with her.

Does anyone have any info on what carrier to get a SIM card from and what settings she will have to change? I want a cheap card incase it doesn't work we won't have wasted much money. She can always add more data.

Thanks,
Chris

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73