Theme install

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I downloaded a theme to my PC, used I-fun Box to install it on my iphone 4 and for some reason it will not load. I can see it on winterboard, i clicked off everything else and clicked the theme, resprung and nothing. Am I missing something? Did I not load it right on I-fun box? I just copied it to the proper location and rebooted the phone?

Thanks
Bob
iPhone 4, VZW Jailbroke

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Where on the phone did you put it? Can you email me the theme so I can have a look inside to see what it is supposed to do?

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
I put it under Raw file System/Var/Stash/themes.W501up. I copied the entire folders from the rar file. I would email it, but its 50mb file. Do you want me to try to send it?

Thanks
Bob

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you unzip the rar before copying it over? And you might need to make sure it's compatible with your FW; not all themes work with all firmwares--file names get changed and so on. When I SSH my themes in, I always put them in Library>Themes but if you can see it in Winterboard I don't think that would make a difference.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's either not compatible with your FW, OR it was copied over incorrectly (maybe you copied over a folder when you should have copied over the folder inside that folder, for example).

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I unzipped them and made sure all the files were there. Yes, i checked to see if they are compatable and they are. Not sure what I am going wrong. I'll try moving them to where you have them to see if they work.

rosenstar

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
Yup, I unzipped them and made sure all the files were there. Yes, i checked to see if they are compatable and they are. Not sure what I am going wrong. I'll try moving them to where you have them to see if they work.

Download and install iphonebrowser on to your pc (idk what the mac equivalent is, but download that one if you have a mac). Plug in your iphone. Open iPhonebrowser. Using the file directory on the left side, go to ->Library -> Themes. Drag the folder of the desired theme into the theme folder on your iphone. Might take a minute or two to transfer. Before unplugging your iphone, check iphone browser to see that the folder did transfer into the themes folder on your iphone. Unplug you iphone.

Make sure you have winterboard and any other necessary apps installed. Go into winterboard -> themes. Check the desired theme. Use the arrows to the right of the theme name to drag the desired theme to the top of the list of themes. Go back to the winterboard "homepage" (for lack of a better term) and respring.

How this helps.

Reactions: Bob_B

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Did you get this sorted? In case my folders idea wasn't clear, I've noticed that some themes end up with an extra folder after being unzipped. So instead of ThemeName>ThemeContents, you'll sometimes get ThemeName>ThemeName>ThemeContents. I just get rid of the extra folder in that case.

Reactions: Bob_B

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
rosenstar...followed your directions to the "T"...resprings and nothing. Does it go under Var/Stash/Themes.xxxxx ? I've heard of putting it in there also.

Thanks
Bob

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Can you post the name of the theme (and where you got it) and your phone and firmware version? And maybe a screenshot of your setup in iPhoneBrowser?

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry, i'm a BB guy just getting into the iOS world. I think I figured it out now. I started to poke thru folders and started reading the "read me" files...duh! The one I am trying to get working (G.O.C.HD) is going to take some time to set up it looks like. So yes, certain themes are working now straight forward. "Live" ones look like they need to be set up properly before hand.

Thanks
Bob

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Ah, that explains it! Yes, some themes can require a LOT of work, but most are pretty straightforward. Enjoy exploring!