Help with pkgbackup on new device

L_D_G

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok, so I'm switching from a 2nd gen ipod to a 4th gen. Both jailbroken. I purchased pkgbackup on the 2nd gen earlier and backed everything up and then i did the contact sync (along with sending myself 2 emails about it for manual restoration). My problem is is that I don't know what to do from here. The 4th gen is a fresh jailbreak with only cydia on it and it does have my pkgbackup in the contacts list. Problem there is that when i click/tap it, nothing happens-or does it just take a while (it stays highlighted, but no apparent loading). So im wondering if someone here can help me with this?
Thanks!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I have Pkgbackup and i doesn't work at all! I'm jailbroken with 4.3.2 on iPhone4, and originally downloaded it from Cydia when i was on 4.2.1. Maybe that's the problem. Good thing i wrote everything down, just in case.:)

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
From what I've seen, PkgBackup only functions that way when it's pirated. I purchased it a couple months ago and it works flawlessly! I've used my iPhone 4 backup to restore packages, sources, settings, etc to my old iPT2G & iPad flawlessly (obviously deselected iPad incompatible packages).

so pirating the app makes it work? :confused: I have never used the backup apps but then I don't have alot in Cydia to backup anyway. So do a search on here I'm sure other users have used the app and there are threads here on it.

L_D_G

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Well, after also trying Bump and email attachment methods, I am just going to do a manual restoration. I removed and reinstalled pkgbackup several times and did many resprings.

Still open to idea on what happened, why it happened, and how to fix it.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711