Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

5 Posts

Default Jailbroke with 4.3.2 image but version still says 4.3.1

I used redsn0w_win_0.9.6rc14 and selected iPhone3,1_4.3.2_8H7_Restore.ipsw and jailbroke with no issues, but the version still says 4.3.1 and every time i log in to itunes it nags me to upgrade.

Any ideas?
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

When you go to your phone Settings, General, About and look at firmware what version does it say? If it says 4.3.1 then you're on 4.3.1. Did you upgrade the firmware through iTunes before you began? redsn0w doesn't upgrade the firmware for you, the phone needs to be running 4.3.2 before you start the redsn0w process. iClarified - iPhone - How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.2]
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

Yeah, I'm guessing you jb'ed your current install. If you were on 4.3.1 when you used redsn0w, then you're still on 4.3.1.
    iMore Pro

716 Posts
    Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Interesting -- so you can use the ipsw of the current firmware to JB a previous firmware? Did not know this was possible -- and I agree, I think it's probably what happened here....

So OP, use iTunes to upgrade or restore to 4.3.2 and then due your JB again...