JB/unlock 3gs on 4.3.2 with BB 5.13.04?

Jebadoa

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3Gs currently on 4.0.1 and baseband 5.13.04. If I upgrade to 4.3.2 will it change the baseband? If so, is there a way to upgrade while preserving the baseband? I need to unlock.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I have a 3Gs currently on 4.0.1 and baseband 5.13.04. If I upgrade to 4.3.2 will it change the baseband? If so, is there a way to upgrade while preserving the baseband? I need to unlock.

Yes, you need to create a custom ipsw to preserve the baseband. The tools are sn0wbreeze for PC, and PwnageTool for Mac. I don't recall if they have been updated to support 4.3.2 untethered yet.

Reactions: Jebadoa

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
RedChirp is right and to add Pwnage Tool will do 4.3.2 but you need to update the bundles. I'm not sure about Sn0wbreeze but I think it was updated too but you'll have to look it up. You can go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials for info on Pwnage Tool look in Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak or Dev-Team Blog . You should backup and sync before you do it because it will reload tne phone. You will have to redo the unlock once you're done.

Last edited:

Jebadoa

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
If iTunes says that the Apple servers are temporarily unavailable, is that another way of saying that my jailbreak is not going to work, or does it actually mean that the servers are unavailable?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The Pwnage Tool will only do the version of Firmware that it was meant to do. There are different versions of Pwnage Tool for different versions of Firmware. So if you want to do 4.3.1 you would need the Pwnage Tool that does that version of firmware. You can get the versions on iClarified which I gave you the link. The instructions for using Pwnage Tool on 4.3.2 with the bundles are on Redmond Pie with download links and instructions. When you use Pwnage Tool the Apple servers don't really matter.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73