Redsn0w untethered now available for 4.3.2

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I love that moment of silence while everyone is backing up their phone, upgrading to the new os, restoring, and jailbreaking. haha.

Radio silence.

websyndicate

May 13, 2009
Visit site
iPhone 4 users

Careful iPhone 4 users dev team said to wait

iPhone3GS
iPhone4 (GSM) iPhone4 users please wait for a pending fix
iPod touch 3G
iPod touch 4G
iPad1

not sure really what the means. Im waiting until the dust settles

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
this is why waiting is always a good thing.. i HAD 4.3.2 until it completely f**ked up my emails

i will be staying with 4.3.1 for a long time

v1nn1e

Oct 14, 2010
Visit site
I just lost three hours of my night upgrading before I saw the "oh, wait! not for iPhone 4 yet!" message. Then I thought I'd try a tethered jailbreak .. yeah, not. I'm now restoring for the second time tonight.

Reactions: websyndicate

freakshow

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
EDIT: solved

hey...ummm im having a bit of a problem with my jailbreak for ipod touch 4g....the upload of ramdisk seems to get stuck on a certain level ....anyone has a solution for this?

EDIT:the default checked options r show battery %...i unchecked that which means onli the install cydia option was checked....this seemed toclick....yayy :cool:

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You guys really upgraded? this is such a small update and it has nothing but bug fixes. I will not be updating at all, I usually wait about a week after the JB tools have been released unless it's Pwnage Tool which usually comes along later anyways. This time though I will wait until 4.3.3 or 4.4 I have none of the problems that this fixes and it's just too much to put my phone back after the process. I'll pass on this one :cool:

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You guys really upgraded? this is such a small update and it has nothing but bug fixes. I will not be updating at all, I usually wait about a week after the JB tools have been released unless it's Pwnage Tool which usually comes along later anyways. This time though I will wait until 4.3.3 or 4.4 I have none of the problems that this fixes and it's just too much to put my phone back after the process. I'll pass on this one :cool:

Im still rocking 4.2.1 as I prefer that OS but my wife upgraded to 4.3.2 from 4.3.1 and it definately fixed some issues for her.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I understand if it fixes issues all the better. I just know there are some folks who have a nice setup and then upgrade because it's newer. In that case I don't think it's worth it for such a small upgrade IMO.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I understand if it fixes issues all the better. I just know there are some folks who have a nice setup and then upgrade because it's newer. In that case I don't think it's worth it for such a small upgrade IMO.

I'm going to try this JB with RedsnOw, and see what happens. One question. Do i need to have the internet (safari) open when i JB? Thanks.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Its not such a small update when it fixes key bugs people are having. Trust me, my wife is a much happy camper with 4.3.2 than previous. Not everybody uses their phone the same way as you so you may not experience those same issues.

shathis

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
My 3gs battery is nearly dead.... it lasts 3 hours. I need to get a 4.3.2 jailbreak ASAP because if I get a replacement 3GS under AppleCare, they sure as hell won't give me it back with 4.3.1 installed. You know these people.

bergman

Jun 10, 2008
Visit site
Slightly off Topic, but why can't either Apple or someone in the JB community develop a way to backup everything and all the settings in an iPhone or iPad? Whe. I restore, I want to restore all the apps in the same locations and all the folders so that these version upgrades aren't such a royal pain. These seems like such an obvious feature that Apple should offer.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm going to try this JB with RedsnOw, and see what happens. One question. Do i need to have the internet (safari) open when i JB? Thanks.

No Safari doesn't have to be open.

Apple does have a solution for their apps, iTunes. They aren't going to support backing up JB apps because they don't support JB. There are a few JB apps that do backup the JB apps I just have never used them so can't comment on how good they work.

uberspeed

Jan 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
Slightly off Topic, but why can't either Apple or someone in the JB community develop a way to backup everything and all the settings in an iPhone or iPad? Whe. I restore, I want to restore all the apps in the same locations and all the folders so that these version upgrades aren't such a royal pain. These seems like such an obvious feature that Apple should offer.

Completely agreed. BB does a great job of this, even selective backups and restores of data as well.

uberspeed

Jan 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
No Safari doesn't have to be open.

Apple does have a solution for their apps, iTunes. They aren't going to support backing up JB apps because they don't support JB. There are a few JB apps that do backup the JB apps I just have never used them so can't comment on how good they work.

AptBackup was supposed to do this and it didn't work well for me at all unfortunately.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77