unstable iphone 4

bbuser_5150

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Hi everyone,

First time here and really need help! I've got an iphone 4 running 4.3.1 and jailbroken and baseband:04.10.01.

Since jailbroken phone has been acting up majorly!! For instance, the mail app will crash suddenly or even worse after a night on the night table the phone will not respond to anything like yesterday morning. Tried everything such as connecting to itunes and restoring to no avail even putting in DFU mode didn't work. It kept giving me error 3194. Anyway....poked around online and saw a few posts about people having the same problems and it was suggested to re run jailbreak software. I did that and BINGO!! worked like a charm..until I did a hard reset(pressig top and home buttons together) and the phone was unresponsive again. I'm pretty sure latest version of redsnow/jailbreak 4.3.1 is untethered jailbreak??

This phone is very unstable and cannot trust it. This could happen anywhere..its so frustrating!! Should I just restore to 4.3.2 and forget the jailbreak for now and see if things stabilize?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I may be wrong but on 4.3.1 I beleive redsn0w is tethered and Greenpois0n was untethered. What you described isn't a problem your JB is tethered. So head over to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials look in Tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and get Greenpois0n. Just apply it right over your current JB and you should be good.

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Redsn0w/PwnageTool is untethered on 4.3.1
Sn0wbreeze is untethered on 4.3.1
Greenpois0n is untethered on 4.2.1 only
Redsn0w is tethered on 4.3.2

Those are the major jailbreaks of the past month.

As for your problem. Do a DFU, then restore, and rejailbreak.
See if that helps.
Make sure you setup as a new phone.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Thank you I can never remember which is tethered and untethered once I've done the JB process. It's so hard to keep track lol let us know how it works out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods