Help! Jailbreak gone wrong!!!

mogdog995

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
in case you couldnt tell from the title, my jailbreak has gone wrong. i have jailbroken many ipods and iphones before, all with sucsess. i recently updated my ipod to 4.3.2 firmware, and tried to jailbreak it with greenpois0n. it got about halfway through the scrolling white text, but it has frozen. i cant get it to restart and itunes wont recognise it.

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Greenpois0n doesn't do 4.3.2, unless things have changed the only one that I know of that can JB it is Pwnage Tool. Even then you need to add the bundles to the the tool.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'll never understand why people just jump into things without investigating first..

have fun with your iBrick

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i think most people assume that if it works for 1 version it will work for the rest. not the case. =)
should be able to force it to connect to itunes and restore.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
4.3.2-Untethered-Jailbreak.png

Apple has been nice. I just verified that the untether vulnerability is not fixed in iOS 4.3.2 ? my Ipad 1 is running untethered jailbroken

Of course the public untether binaries will not work with iOS 4.3.2 ? I have to generate new untether binaries with new dyld/kernel offsets

I won?t be able to create all the untether binaries before sunday, because I will be on planes, ?

Tethered jailbreak for iOS 4.3.2 is already available using both Redsn0w and PwnageTool, step by step tutorials for which can be found below.

READ HERE

alphadisiac

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
i am a member of the android community and i just became a member of the iphone community also. i really hope this isnt the way u guys help people in a pickle. instead of helping the guy find a solution, u guys just roast him and make him fell worse that im sure he already does??? wtf!!!! im about to jailbreak and ive been doing research for the passed three days. looks like i better do more cause now i dont really expect much help from this forum!

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
i am a member of the android community and i just became a member of the iphone community also. i really hope this isnt the way u guys help people in a pickle. instead of helping the guy find a solution, u guys just roast him and make him fell worse that im sure he already does??? wtf!!!! im about to jailbreak and ive been doing research for the passed three days. looks like i better do more cause now i dont really expect much help from this forum!

If the user did their research they wouldn't be in that situation.

OP, are you able to get it back in DFU mode?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

You know what for someone who doesn't know anything about the forum or the members you sure said alot. First of all we talked in general about n00b members who instead of reading, researching and trying to get all the info go ahead and do whatever they think works. We didn't speak specifically about the guy. Number two I've helped numerous people, do a search, so you don't know any of us but you choose to go off half cocked. Whatever, it's a forum it's meant for opinions, and if you looked we did give help and feedback so if a forum is not for expressing opinions and thoughts then what is it really for??

mededitor

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site

You are way off base with your comments. I joined TiPb when Verizon released the iPhone, coming here from a BlackBerry and crackberry.com.

The members here have been absolutely fantastic with providing help to everyone, including the rush of n00b members when the ViP was released. Before I even thought about doing the JB I got to know how my iPhone worked. Then I read everything I could find on these forums about the JB process and got myself familiar with the terms and the JB procedure; I wanted to be sure that JB was right for me. Then I watched some YouTube videos that actually showed the JB process so I would know what to expect (via links here). Only then did I jump into the forums and ask a few specific questions.

In other words, I did my homework, I didn't expect other people to do it all for me or to save me from myself. I've run in to some bumps in the road and there are always several people offering to help. In turn, as I've learned more about the iPhone and JB, I've tried to help others.

Believe me, I feel badly for the OP, I really do, but the forums are filled with information that 4.3.X can NOT be JB with Greenpois0n, it's even on the front page of this site. You really don't have to go digging to find that information.

I have met some incredible people here, people who have gone way above and beyond anything I would ever expect from someone on an Internet Web-site. When I see someone say negative things about the forum members I get my back up because they are a group of generous and caring people, more than willing to help any n00b. That being said, the n00b has to be willing to put in some effort. At the very least, "Search is your friend."

Of course, IMHO.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Exactly, couldn't agree more and really I don't know what the "I was an Android user" had to do with the arguement??? I mean does that give a person elevated status?

Snownation

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
in case you couldnt tell from the title, my jailbreak has gone wrong. i have jailbroken many ipods and iphones before, all with sucsess. i recently updated my ipod to 4.3.2 firmware, and tried to jailbreak it with greenpois0n. it got about halfway through the scrolling white text, but it has frozen. i cant get it to restart and itunes wont recognise it.

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated

Plug it in, iTunes on, DFU mode.
Restore.
If loops, TinyUmbrella.

You mentioned you have JBen many iPods and iPhones before with success.

How did you make such a textbook error of JBing the newest firmware with an old JB binary?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2