PLEASE HELP! Unlock 3Gs on 4.3.1

West10th

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
My friend recently updated his unlocked iphone 3GS to 4.3.1 and the insert sim to unlock message came up.

Only problem is he only just bought it and does not know whether it is the new/old 3gs or anything else about it.

I tried setting it to DFU and restoring to an older version to jailbreak but 3rd party firmware will only end up as errors when installing via itunes and official itunes updates are "not compatible" for some reason.

I also tried getting older itunes versions i.e. 8.2 and it says I cannot update iphone unless I have itunes 10.1. In addition to this I have tried jailbreaking with Redsn0w but also ended up in error, as I am not sure what version it is in. So basically at the moment I can either have it in 4.3.1 by updating on itunes or factory settings by setting to DFU and I cannot get past the sim unlock screen.

If anyone could help I would appreciate it, and im not just some idiot looking for someone to solve my problems for me as I have tried for countless hours to fix it but this 4.3.1 is giving me a complete headache.

Thanks.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Do you know for certain how it was unlocked? I wonder if it was unlocked on the iPad baseband? Check the modem firmware in Settings>General>About and see if it's on 6.15. If so, read this from the Dev Team Blog:

WARNING ? YOU DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! PLEASE UNDERSTAND THE CONSEQUENCES OF UPDATING TO 06.15.

There is no way to come back down from 06.15, and there?s no hiding the baseband version from Apple. You?ll be voiding your warranty in a very obvious way.
If some future baseband comes out with a critical fix, you won?t be able to update to it if it remains down in the 05.xx sequence (then again, you wouldn?t update to it if you wanted to keep your unlock anyway).
Starting with FW 4.2.1 if you have 06.15 on your iPhone you won?t ever be able to restore to stock firmware (it will fail). You?ll need to only restore to custom IPSWs (then again, if you?re unlocker you should already be doing that).

And is your friend using it on AT&T, or are you trying to activate it on another network?

EDIT: Just realized you can't check the baseband, since you can't get into the phone. Maybe your friend knows?
One other idea that's been in the news a lot lately for unlocks is this: Remote iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4 Permanent Unlock Service Now Available | Cut Your Sim

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it's the iPad baseband cause it should have given an error when your friend tried to update to an official firmware. You now need to hacktivate the phone and we can find out what baseband it's running and firmware. So email me and I'll give you a link for Sn0wbreeze or I'll make you a custom firmware with pwnage tool choosing the hacktivate option. rwilliams0926@gmail.com

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR