Lockinfo or intelliscreen?

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Which do you prefer, and why? I have intelliscreen currently and it seems kind of dull compared to lockinfo...any input would be appreciated.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Prefer Lockinfo. Especially since the 3.X version updates.

I've had both. Had intelliscreen first and then went to Lockinfo. Intelliscreen was kind of junky, screen always seems cluttered, couldn't get things to line up right. Went to Lockinfo probably over a year ago and never looked back.

Reactions: clg82

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the input swoosh....I just downloaded the new lockinfo and will give it a couple of weeks to grow on me....all i really used the intelliscreen for was my mail....but it seems that lockinfo has a lot more depth to it.....any idea on how to get your facebook notifications to show up on lockinfo under notifications? do i need boxcar or is that app old news?

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
thanks for the input swoosh....I just downloaded the new lockinfo and will give it a couple of weeks to grow on me....all i really used the intelliscreen for was my mail....but it seems that lockinfo has a lot more depth to it.....any idea on how to get your facebook notifications to show up on lockinfo under notifications? do i need boxcar or is that app old news?

I've heard of boxcar, never used it though so I can't speak on that. Regarding facebook notifications. I am a very, very light user of facebook and in fact I don't have notifications turned on it, so I can't help you there. I do know that notifications work though in Lockinfo, since I get them for ESPN scorecenter.

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I just began using lockinfo this past week.
Its awesome, i use Whatsapp a lot and it shows up on notifications, i am assuming Facebook would too. (I don't use Facebook myself)

I like how you have the option of having a picture of the app show up on the lockscreen.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I just began using lockinfo this past week.
Its awesome, i use Whatsapp a lot and it shows up on notifications, i am assuming Facebook would too. (I don't use Facebook myself)

I like how you have the option of having a picture of the app show up on the lockscreen.

How do you ahve the option of having the picture of the app show up?

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks Phoon it is already enabled but what exactly does that do?

When i receive a whatsapp message, under notifications on lockinfo it shows i have a message and it has an actual image of the whatsapp app.
It prob isn't really important to some people, but i like it, at a quick glance you can tell if its an application you want to deal with or ignore it.

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Prefer Lockinfo. Especially since the 3.X version updates.

I've had both. Had intelliscreen first and then went to Lockinfo. Intelliscreen was kind of junky, screen always seems cluttered, couldn't get things to line up right. Went to Lockinfo probably over a year ago and never looked back.

I'm in the same boat as swooshme, i had intelliscreen for 146 seconds and removed it. I found lockinfo was more customizable and in some sense more basic and clean.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Oh. Forgot to tell you to make sure you install the lock weather plugin for lockinfo also. Works great if you put it at the top in the order and turn off the standard clock.

Also if you use twitter. The twitter pluggin is also nice

I have all plugins set to collapse by default except for the calendar one. And have all the others set to show only when something new comes in (email, text, notifications). It gives it a nice clean look.

SnapThrow

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I used Intelliscreen for a long while last year -- I think it is much "prettier" than LockInfo -- but after a string of updates that kept causing problems I finally jumped to LockInfo and it is much more customizable and much more informative. And with the most current LockInfo releases and adding the HTC clock plugin -- LockInfo has even become quite "pretty." Not the most important feature, but combined with great functionality it is a must-have app now IMO.

Crypton

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
Never used Intelliscreen so I cannot say much about it. But I'm usin Lockinfo for nearly a year now, and I'm missing it the most of all jb tweaks when I'm not on a jb iPhone.

I used the HTC plugin till last week, but now I'm using TypographyTime. If you like Typophone, you like TypographyTime!

BenSWoodruff

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I've been using Intelliscreen for a few weeks, and I like that it lets me check, delete or mark unread all of my emails/SMS messages. I can even launch the appropriate app from the lock screen without swiping. However, it is a bit messy and I'd like to be able to customize it a bit.

I've seen the entire section of mods/plug ins for Lockinfo, but I'm wondering if there exist any similar options for Intelliscreen, or should I pop on getting Lockinfo for the customizations and flexibility? Thanks for info/input.

clg82

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
I've been using Intelliscreen for a few weeks, and I like that it lets me check, delete or mark unread all of my emails/SMS messages. I can even launch the appropriate app from the lock screen without swiping. However, it is a bit messy and I'd like to be able to customize it a bit.

I've seen the entire section of mods/plug ins for Lockinfo, but I'm wondering if there exist any similar options for Intelliscreen, or should I pop on getting Lockinfo for the customizations and flexibility? Thanks for info/input.

I have been on lockinfo for a good 24 hours now and I just deleted intelliscreen. Lockinfo is so much more informative....intelliscreen just didn't do anything for me....wish I would have found lockinfo before spending the cash on intelliscreen but you live and learn.

tourstagefan

May 15, 2010
Visit site
I love LockInfo, chose it after reading reviews on both Intelliscreen and LockInfo.

It is one of the top 3 must-have apps for a JB'ed phone! :cool:

Harpgliss

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

For me, my reason for jailbreaking was because of Lockinfo.

Missed the today screen from when I used a ppc and Intelliscreen just did not look right.

Lockinfo is one of the best apps I have, period, and highly recommended.

David

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Lockinfo and ToneFx are the reasons i'm jailbroken. With Lockinfo, i love having all that info right at hand. It does make life easier. As for ToneFx, with a house full of iPhones(wife & five kids), i do love knowing when an e-mail comes in that's meant for me!

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I used to use lock info on my 3g some time back. More recently I checked out a friend of mine who has the newest version. He couldn't seem to get the rss feed working.

I'm liking crypton's screen shot using typoclock!!!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods