Any JB app that can cause AT&T signal bar to be 1 or less ALL THE TIME?

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I did a seemless and smooth restore as new device on my iP4 that had a GP JB 4.2.1 using Pwnage 4 to iOS 4.3.1 and restored all JB apps with Pkgbackup, redid all my settings, etc. I did the restore as new because the 4.2.1 JB (from 4.0.1 with jailbreakme.com) was acting a bit wonky. Everything is smooth as butter now... fast, no weird glitches or home button lags. Very pleased.

Initially, before I restored all my JB apps, my signal strength would fluctuate as it normally does in various locations. At some point, after installing something (not sure what or if it's actually related to the JB itself or the iOS 4.3.1) I only have 1 or 0 bars of signal strength, no matter where I am located.

Troubleshooting: I have hard reboot the iP4 several times, removed what I thought might be the offending apps (last 2 I could recall installing before seeing this issue appear) which were MyWi4 and SwitcherPlus, Reset the Network Settings, and cried like a little girl... the last one was as wholly unsuccessful as the first 3 interventions, but drew more attention from co-workers :D

I am not having problems making calls or using data. Even with 0 bars, I still can make calls and use data. The problem is just that I seem to have lost the visual representation of any accurate signal strength. I'm in a relatively metropolitan area and signal strength on my iPhone 3G, 3GS and 4 have always fluctuated from place to place and at different times of the day on occasion. But, for the past 48 hrs I have traveled 30 miles in either direction of my home and the phone never changes from 0 or 1 bar of signal strength.

Any suggestions on how to fix this or get back the accurate signal strength bars? Is there a file somewhere I could trash with iFile that addresses this issue and might fix the problem (without making more problems :eek:).

Thanks for any feedback.

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
It's a known issue with 4.3.1 JB. Your signal bars aren't showing correctly. Supposedly, the lastest ultrasnow corrects it.

Good to know it's not just my iPhone :D I don't want to unlock the device with ultrasnow so hoping there will be an updated version of the jailbreak tool to fix this. Of all the problems to have with a JB this one is obviously not a big one given that it's not affecting reception, just the signal bars. Thanks for the info.

bibeaud

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
I had this problem when I upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.3 without upgrading the baseband. I never found a solution. Since I use AT&T and they may merge with TMobile, I figured keeping the baseband intact for U S usage as unlocked is not going to be necessary soon. So I upgraded to 4.3.1 including the baseband. Once I got out of the recovery loop, the signal bar display issue went away. Hope this helps!

Thanks!
David
Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk

talkin73

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
I had this problem when I upgraded from 4.2.1 to 4.3 without upgrading the baseband. I never found a solution. Since I use AT&T and they may merge with TMobile, I figured keeping the baseband intact for U S usage as unlocked is not going to be necessary soon. So I upgraded to 4.3.1 including the baseband. Once I got out of the recovery loop, the signal bar display issue went away. Hope this helps!

Thanks, David. Good to know there's an easy way to fix. Did you use Pwnage to upgrade 4.2.1 to 4.3 and then RedSn0w to upgrade 4.3 to 4.3.1?

SUPERDUTY04FORD

Oct 23, 2009
Visit site
It is because you preserved your baseband. You will also notice eventually that your signal both 3G/wifi will start dropping. I preserved mine at 2.10.04, 4.3.1, iPhone 4...... Had to many probs... Re-JB and gave up preserved baseband!!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR