Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

6 Posts

Default Does anyone know of a website that....

Anyone know of any website you can visit when you need to match up what JB and Unlock tool you need for a particular firmware and or baseband??

For instance when I need to download a particular firmware I just visit the following site ww.felixbruns.de/iPod/firmware/]iPod, iPhone and iPad Firmware Download[/url] and after a few drop down menus, where you select what model of phone or ipod you have, you then select what firmware you want to download and you're good to go.

Basically what I'm looking for, or something similar is if I have an:

iphone 3g...on iOS 4.1 with baseband 05.14.04.......it would then tell me I need to use, say Blackra1n to JB and to unlock you'll need Ultrasn0w 1.20

iphone 4...on 4.2.1 with baseband 03.10.01...it would tell what JB and unlock to use again.

After spending so much time searching the net all I can find are mixed answers. I assume there must be that one great site a few people might know of, just like how easy felixbruns is to find what you want.

If you've never visited felixbruns...check it out and save it to your bookmarks. It might come in handy some day!

Thanks in advance everyone!!

iPhone Intermediate

234 Posts
    alpinestars1z likes this.
    iPhone Pro

625 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,094 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iRandom View Post
    Nice link, bookmarked.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iPhone Nanite

6 Posts

Here's another two sites to bookmark everyone....

And please if anyone knows of any others, please let us know...these sites come in really handy!
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

I use iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials (Tutorials, iPhone) and rarely Sn0wBreeze | iPhoneHeat the JB and the Unlock are seperate things so you don't need to match anything. You just need to know which tool to use in order to JB the version of firmware you want to run. If you need to unlock then it's even simpler because you can only use two tools, Pwnage Tool and Sn0wbreeze. These leave the baseband alone enabling you to unlock, the other tools all require you to upgrade the firmware first before using the tool which means the baseband will be upgraded meaning no more unlock.