Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

262 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,156 Global Posts

Default Wifi Sync

Sorry if this has been asked before but I was wondering if there is a way to get the wifi sync app from cydia to work on the verizon iphone or is there another app that does the same thing. When I tried to download from cydia it says unable to purchase is there a way around this?
    iPhone Newbie

11 Posts

maybe problem with cydia?
    iMore Newbie

33 Posts

Default Wi-Fi Sync

This app works on older iphones and IPad, but not on the IPhone4. The picture is deceiving and it appears that the app works on the iphone 4, but it doesn't.
    iPhone Intermediate

112 Posts
    Global Posts
    118 Global Posts

I've use that app on my AT&T iPhone, it works pretty well but supposedly it has some faults, if you need to restore the iPhone and you've bought songs/apps and synced using WiFi Sync, it won't restore those songs/apps or something like that.

Now I'm not saying that it's a bad app, but for some reason I'm thinking that app had something to do with my MacBook failing to restore my iPhone. Had to take it to Apple and they ended up erasing the hard drive and doing a clean install. (of course the Apple reps never noticed the WiFi Sync icon that was on my status bar, otherwise they could have refused service )