Saved game data

djlim4

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Transfer save game

Hello, I am a complete noob in need of some direction
my wife has some save game files from her iPod touch that she wants to move to her new iPhone.
I've done plenty of rooting on my android devices but don't know where to start with apple
do I have to jailbreak? If so both devices?
Is there an easier way? Please point me in the right direction. Thanks for any feedback

djlim4

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Hello,
I've done a search on the forum and there doesn't seem to be a straight answer to this. I'm a noob, please bare with me.
I'm trying to transfer my saved game data from my 3rd gen Ipod touch to my new verizon iphone 4.
Is it only possible through jailbreak? if so, where do i go from here?
I'm confused as to what method is best for restoring game data... it seems as if no one knows or if it's not possible, or is it just such a stupid question no one is bothering to answer it?
Thanks to any that can help.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It is possible and yes you will need to be Jailbroken(JBen) that is the only way you will get access to the file system. What you will need to do is SSH into your iPod to download the saved game data to your computer and make a note of the location. Then you will need to install the game on your iPhone and then SSH into the iPhone and upload the game save data to the same location on the phone. There's no gaurantee it will work since there might be some small inconsistency that causes the game to ignore the save data but in theory it should work.

Reactions: djlim4

djlim4

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Thanks, ill be sure to hit the thanks as soon as I get to a PC. What about this program called chronus? Does that work?

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

AKA

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
If both the iPod and iPhone are registered under the same iTunes account, you will be able to pick and choose what apps you want sync'd when you are inside iTunes, to each different device when they are connected to your comp. Connect one of the devices to your comp, iTunes will fire up, click on the device itself on the left side, then at the top where you can choose Summary, Apps, Music, etc, click on Apps. From there just check what you want sync'd up. Once you have selected what apps you want or dont want, hit Sync/Apply on the lower right hand corner. Its pretty straight forward once you look at it. This is exactly what I do with my touch and ip4...

No jailbreak needed.

djlim4

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
If both the iPod and iPhone are registered under the same iTunes account, you will be able to pick and choose what apps you want sync'd when you are inside iTunes, to each different device when they are connected to your comp. Connect one of the devices to your comp, iTunes will fire up, click on the device itself on the left side, then at the top where you can choose Summary, Apps, Music, etc, click on Apps. From there just check what you want sync'd up. Once you have selected what apps you want or dont want, hit Sync/Apply on the lower right hand corner. Its pretty straight forward once you look at it. This is exactly what I do with my touch and ip4...

No jailbreak needed.

Thanks for the detailed instructions. But I don't think this method works to restore saved data as I've already sync'd the apps and none of what I had accomplished transferred over.
I've managed to jailbreak both devices and have been ssh'ing the game files and writing over what looks to be the same folders on the phone. This didn't do anything either. I'm guessing I'm not transferring the correct files?

/var/mobile/applications/(application folder)/documents
and the /library files are what I replace

It really can't be this hard...
Someone please help

djlim4

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Have a look here

This method did not work either... its pretty much the same concept as writing the files over manually but this app backs up each one in a tarball and restores them for you easily. The only problem is that it doesn't seem to restore anything.
I will attempt the method over to make sure I didn't screw up. But if anyone has ever actually gotten it to work, please give me some hope that its possible

AKA

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the detailed instructions. But I don't think this method works to restore saved data as I've already sync'd the apps and none of what I had accomplished transferred over.
I've managed to jailbreak both devices and have been ssh'ing the game files and writing over what looks to be the same folders on the phone. This didn't do anything either. I'm guessing I'm not transferring the correct files?

Someone please help

I hear ya buddy, I commented before you made your secondary post about the saved data. I do not know how or if that can happen though...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site

Someone please help

Is it only one app that you want to do or are there a few apps and they all don't work? I'll look in one of my app folders later and see if I can replicate what you're trying to do. I'll let you know what happens.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR