I know these have probably been answered before so I apologize in advance.
I have an Iphone 4 32GB which is unlocked from Apple (Purchased from Apple)
1. Is this phone safe to Jailbreak?
2. Can I use iTunes normally?
3. Will I still be able to use my device on my companies exchange server?
4. When (If) Apple ever releases features that I will be jail breaking for can i simply just hit restore and move on fully functional?
5. Will my phone be slow, glitchy or unstable after jail breaking?
6. Will my batteries performance be effected drastically?
Thank you so much for everyones answers.
- 04-05-2011, 09:14 PM #2
2, Yes, just don't do any updates that iTunes suggests
5. It's possible - depends on what items you install and where you get them. In general terms, probably not.
6. It's possible - depends on what items you install. Some of the tethering apps will eat your whole battery in one sitting.
- 04-05-2011, 10:27 PM #4
- 04-06-2011, 11:53 AM #5
Hank has pretty much answered all your questions. I've got a unlocked phone and when the phone is Jailbroken you have more possibilities. You can do everything a stock vanilla iPhone can do. You can do all the app updates and carrier updates. You should not do the firmware updates this will remove the JB and you will have to wait until a tool is released for that firmware version.
So i am reading the post on how to jailbreak, I pretty much understand everything except for downloading the firmware for your device. My device is Apple unlocked in canada.
Which firmware do i download, i am so lost.
- 04-06-2011, 09:30 PM #7
- 04-07-2011, 09:44 AM #9
the firmware is the version you need so you would look for 4.3 and if you're in Canada you have a GSM phone. Now that there is a GSM and CDMA version in the states there are two firmware files. However the CDMA is not on 4.3 anyway so there is only one choice. I would just go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to the tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak and look for your method and firmware the tutorial will have links to the firmware and tools you need.
- 04-07-2011, 01:59 PM #11
I love my phone jailbroken! so much more advanced this way, Keep up Apple!
The last thing I would like my phone to do is make me breakfast....No just kidding. Any way to change the sound it makes when i get email? and possibly repeat it if i don't respond?
- 04-10-2011, 06:32 PM #13