Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Intermediate

154 Posts
    Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Default Jailbreaking at a bad time? Many incompatibilities.

So with my first JB as being 4.3.1, I feel like I might have missed out a whole lot pre 4.3.1.

Never did I know the potential of JBing and what it could bring me.
    Or so I was told.

I get excited trying to customise my phone, only to find out most JB apps no longer work with this firmware. Winterboard isn't working for me.

Is there something I'm doing wrong. Or does it just take a while for devs to get things patched up.
    iMore Pro

716 Posts
    Global Posts
    771 Global Posts

Winterboard works fine on 4.3.1 -- but yes, it does take a little time for some apps to update to be compatible with a new iOS. However with 4.3.1 and this latest jailbreak I have found most of my favorite apps either work fine or were updated almost immediately.

You need to provide more details if you want help. Also there is a thread with users reporting what apps broke with 4.3.1 -- and the list is pretty small so far (which is good!)
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

You may need to redo your JB, most if not all my apps including Winterbkard are working fine. Yes we do need more info to help you out though. If you want to see what JB can allow take a look in the Post your lockscreen thread.