greenpoison or redsnow?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Do these jailbreak devs take turns with the latest jb's? I've used greenpoison in the past to jb, but now i see redsnow (i love these names) has the latest one. Is there any difference between the two? Should i wait until greenpoison comes out with their version of jb 4.3.1? Any thoughts would be helpful. Thanks.:confused:

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Sometimes it's whoever gets there first. Sometimes they work together, sometimes several release within days of each other. There has been no indication that greenpois0n will be updated for 4.3.1.

Reactions: anon(631531)

WreakingHavoc

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
I had a similar question about the two JBs, so do you think we just go for it with redsnow? I was also wondering about the mobile substrate issue, has that been resolved?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I too have heard about some glitches with this new jb. I'm a big fan of lockinfo, and i'd like to see that issue get resolved before i jb. For now, i'll stay with 4.2.1.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar question about the two JBs, so do you think we just go for it with redsnow? I was also wondering about the mobile substrate issue, has that been resolved?

mobilesubstrate works great!

i'm running LockInfo (beta) and biteSMS 5.2 without a hiccup ( iP4 iOS 4.3.1 )

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yeah like Alli said they take turns and over time there have been different ones that don't release a tool until the next version of the OS. This could be because there is already a tool who knows. I personally prefer to use pwnage tool but that is a Mac only tool. I find I've had way less problems than some I've seen over the years. There has been a pwnage tool for most all of the firmware versions. I've been using BiteSMS since yesterday but Lockinfo I never use it on my phone anyway.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Yeah like Alli said they take turns and over time there have been different ones that don't release a tool until the next version of the OS. This could be because there is already a tool who knows. I personally prefer to use pwnage tool but that is a Mac only tool. I find I've had way less problems than some I've seen over the years. There has been a pwnage tool for most all of the firmware versions. I've been using BiteSMS since yesterday but Lockinfo I never use it on my phone anyway.

I don't use BiteSMS, but i do use Lockinfo. I've jailbroken with GreenpoisOn on my Mac, and had no problems. This redsnOw has me confused. Can't figure it out. My iPhone works great with 4.2.1, so i'll keep on rockin' the way it is, and wait for GreenpoisOn to do their thing.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you're on a Mac and not using pwnage tool you're missing out =?P The only difference is with pwnage tool you reload your firmware so you will need to reinstall your JB apps which might be a pain. If you're interested head over to iClarified and look in the tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak for the Pwnage Tool imstuctions.

sproctor61

Jul 1, 2009
Visit site
If you're on a Mac and not using pwnage tool you're missing out =?P The only difference is with pwnage tool you reload your firmware so you will need to reinstall your JB apps which might be a pain. If you're interested head over to iClarified and look in the tutorials, iPhone, Jailbreak for the Pwnage Tool imstuctions.

I just did the JB with Pwnage. Now I get "No Service". Tried rebooting a few times and still no luck. :( What gives?

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You need to give me a little more info, what model is your phone? What is your carrier? were you unlocked?

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
See, this is what i'm talking about. With greenpoisOn, it's like one stop shopping. Download greenpoisOn, plug in iPhone(after upgrading to new ios), and just follow the prompts. Someone should write a book called "Jailbreaking for Dummies". I'd buy that in a New York minute!!!:D

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL I don't want to sound harsh but the difference is always the user. I've used pwnage tool to JB for 4 years now and I have had only 1 problem in all that time. I have had less problems than people with vanilla iPhones that I have seen in the forums. There are just so many variables even GP I have seen tons of questions for it when people had problems but like you said you've used it many times with no problems. Hmmm maybe I'll have to write such a book :D lol

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
LOL Tethered means the device has to be connected to a computer and you have to run the tool each time you reboot or boot up. It's a major PITA but on the iPad with better battery life it wasn't as bad.

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
LOL Tethered means the device has to be connected to a computer and you have to run the tool each time you reboot or boot up. It's a major PITA but on the iPad with better battery life it wasn't as bad.

If i ever get up to Canada, i'll stop by your house with my iPhone & Mac, and ask you to give me a crash course in the finer points of jailbreaking.:)

HSLimMic

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hi guys,

I would like to ask is it ok for me to use RedSnow to jb my iphone 4? Currently my device is jb using the greenpoison. Is there anything that I need to be aware of to avoid bricking?

If I were to jailbreak it, should I just follow all steps listed in iclarified How to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4 Using RedSn0w (Windows) [4.3.1]

Will it be fine?

Thank you in advance,

Regards,
Michael

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxgyllsdoll