I waited all this time...

jrpierce

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I need to know if there is another way to put my phone into DFU mode.
The sleep button on my iPhone 4 is broken and won't work at all. Once I get it jailbroken for 4.3.1 I can use activator and have something take its place, but I don't know if I'll even have that chance now.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do I need to take this to the apple store or send it in? I don't think I have warranty left, but I have no clue really.

Thanks,
Jake

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
You need to use the sleep button to get it in DFU. On Apple.com, there is a spot you can enter your serial number to see if you have warranty.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I just made an appointment at the apple store. How long should I expect it to be there for?

Once they see you, 10 mins tops. They will give you a new phone. Just depends if they are running on time.

I just made an appointment at the apple store. How long should I expect it to be there for?

Yes your right. I missed the poster said the 4.

jrpierce

May 29, 2009
Visit site
I'd never dealt with apple for warranty issues until now, and I have to say that it was a surprisingly pleasant experience. Although it took about 15 minutes past my appointment time, they just gave me a new phone and I was out the door in about 7 minutes tops. Thanks for all your help. On to the jailbreak.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73