Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Global Posts
    3,699 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Default Thinking about going pure?

My iPhone 4 is Jailbroken on 4.2.1. I have been jailbroken on all of my devices for some time now and I am thinking about restoring fresh to 4.3.1 and running pure for a little while. I am running pure on my iPad 2 and it's not horrible.

I am going to miss BiteSMS and lockinfo, but I think I want to run the way Apple intended for a little while.

I know this is the Team JB forum, but should I put my iPhone in jail for awhile? Ugggghhh I hate making these decisions.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

well the good part is soon there will be a untethered jailbreak so if you change your mind you can go back

i did go to 4.3.1 for a little while and it was nice not having to micro-manage but it did get "boring" haha. the funny part is i have been jailbroken longer than not ever since owning an iPhone. it appears you have as well

i say go for it to help ease any curiosity you are having now.. you'll be back

Global Posts
    11,434 Global Posts
    iOS Version

I'll go 'pure' when the stock OS gives me blackberry-esque profiles/manner modes with the 'bedside' one, and an ability to use whatever I want as a sound for notification of new mail.
    Keith - iMore Moderator - The Mobile Nations/iMore Forum Rules
     iPhone5 on VZW;  iPad(2012) - wifi with BadElf for GPS
    "When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser." -- Socrates
    iMore Genius

iOS Version
    iOS 7.1 b5

Man, Team JB is dropping like flies...
    Curmudgeon and Former Member/Participant
    iPhone 5S / iPad Mini Retina / 15" MacBook Pro Retina
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

I reloaded 4.2.1 on Saturday to clear out a massive "other" build up in storage space. I was going to only JB for biteSMS but I've had elite pro hd installed for so long I just can't stand looking at the "stock" theme anymore. Guess I'll have to re load everything again tonight haha!
    Last edited by colemaneuclid; 04-04-2011 at 05:35 AM.
    iPhone Newbie

Global Posts
    79 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    I'll go 'pure' when the stock OS gives me blackberry-esque profiles/manner modes with the 'bedside' one, and an ability to use whatever I want as a sound for notification of new mail.
    +1

you read my mind.

i'm crossing my fingers for iOS 5 being the savior of iOS.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Global Posts
    3,699 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Well last night I removed all of my JB apps and extensions. It was not horrible to run pure, not saying I like it, but it wasn't so bad.

I updated to 4.3.1 this morning and just getting used to not having my custom SMS tones At least 4.3.1 lets me use separate tones per contact

For the record I am still Team JB. Just because I am not JB'd right now does not mean I like the way the MAN locks down the OS
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Global Posts
    3,699 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Well it's been a week and I have to say I am ok. I miss BiteSMS and Lockinfo, but I am managing. Maybe there is something to this team pure thing
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

have you found that you can actually put your device down for a little bit and concentrate on other things.. like.. life??

i noticed the same when i was "pure" for a little bit
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

Quote Originally Posted by HankAZ View Post
    Man, Team JB is dropping like flies...
    NEVER!!! I will never leave again I've learned my lesson on 4.3 Ughhhh I wish there was a puking emoticon on here. I also replenish the ranks often
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
    iPheuria aka The Jailbr3ak kid (soon to be retired)
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

bamf-hacker, how's the 'pure' thing working out for you??
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    3,600 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Root 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by kch50428 View Post
    I feel exactly as you do! I have licenses for ToneFX and Lockinfo, but if they both were available in the App Store, i'd go "pure" in a heartbeat.
    Give yourself, to the Dark Side!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

You guys all make iPheuria sad I will NEVER EVER go pure! Apple will never allow the level of customization that I love and have become acustomed to on a JB device. It's like driving a Ferrari and then going back to a Pinto, aint gonna happen.
    can't upgrade via iTunes check this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unlo...ml#post1717460
    ~32GB Space Grey iPhone 5s(Audi)~32GB Space Grey rMini ~ 15" i7 SSD 16GB rMBP(Omega) on Mavericks~
  14. Thread AuthorThread Author   #14  

Global Posts
    3,699 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS7.1b5

Quote Originally Posted by BLiNK View Post
    bamf-hacker, how's the 'pure' thing working out for you??
    Honestly it is not that bad. Really the only thing I am missing A LOT is BiteSMS. I am a big txt'r and the stock messaging app leaves much to be desired.

The push notifications are annoying too, but not as much as the txt'g. I think I am going to stay pure until 4.3.2 comes out. I still have all my blobs so if it gets too bad I can go back.

Go Team Jailbreak!!! (See I am still one of you)
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    You guys all make iPheuria sad I will NEVER EVER go pure! Apple will never allow the level of customization that I love and have become acustomed to on a JB device. It's like driving a Ferrari and then going back to a Pinto, aint gonna happen.
    I'm with you on this. It's really difficult to live without BiteSMS and LockInfo. I will NEVER go pure.
    Nokia Lumia 900, iPad 1 16GB WiFi
    Twitter
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,563 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 182

Quote Originally Posted by RedChirp View Post
    I'm with you on this. It's really difficult to live without BiteSMS and LockInfo. I will NEVER go pure.
    although i completely agree with the "difficult to live without bite & LI".. IF Apple were to ever pull their head out of their A$$ and come up with something similar in 5.0, i might go 'pure'

yeah.. i said it
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    6,878 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6

the only way I would ever go pure is if Apple made their firmware as customizable and I mean 100% as customizable as the JB version.
    iPhone Pro

Global Posts
    2,081 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Ipheuria View Post
    the only way I would ever go pure is if Apple made their firmware as customizable and I mean 100% as customizable as the JB version.
    Which of course, will never happen. :P
    Nokia Lumia 900, iPad 1 16GB WiFi
    Twitter