Japanese Softbank iPhone 3GS Help!

anomiseitrix

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
Am trying to find some help with jailbreaking and unlocking a Japanese Softbank iPhone 3GS.

I used the phone on contract while living in Japan, and have since moved to Germany. The contract hasn't been cancelled yet, but has been temporarily suspended.

It's a 32GB 3GS, with Softbank Mobile 9.0 Carrier, version 4.2.1 with 5.15.04 firmware. I am working off of a Windows XP laptop. The phone was trouble-free in Japan and has never been jailbroken or unlocked.

I would really like to find a way to jailbreak and unlock it for use here in Germany. I know Softbank iPhones are notoriously tricky to jailbreak/unlock because of the IMEI and Japanese mobile system. If anyone has any leads, tips or info, it would be truly appreciated. I really want to use my iPhone again :) Every time I find info on jailbreaking/unlocking a Softbank phone it's quite out of date or very confusing and/or a convoluted process that doesn't apply to my model. I've been trying to research this for months and can't seem to find any help.:confused:

I realise that I might have to downgrade the firmware, so if anyone has any info on that too, that would be a big help.

Thanks to anyone who has any info!
:D

Devolutions

Apr 28, 2012
Visit site
Me too. In Australia now and brought my Japanese iphone with me. I stopped my softbank account. I tried to redsnOw it but it says build unrecognized! Did you get any help?

iDonev

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Try jailbreaking with redsn0w 0.9.6b4 or 0.9.6b5. When you click on jailbreak make sure to select both "Install Cydia" and "Install iPad baseband". After redsn0w does its business, go to cydia and install ultrasn0w. Respring and you should be okay.

Peace Freak

May 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...

I can confirm that a Japanese Softbank iPhone can be made to work in Australia.

I followed your instructions and my father is now a happy user of my old iPhone.

moniou

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Could someone please help me figure out how to unlock this...?
Or if you could suggest another site where I can get help, that'd be appreciated, too!
Thanks! :eek:

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77