new to jailbreak
Hello all. was after some info prior to doing a jailbreak.
I currently have an ipad1 and iphone4 both running ios 4.3.1 and using itune 10.2.1.1
now i have to admit the only real reason i want to jail break is the SBS setting app.
questions i need help with
1) does a jailbroken iphone still sync ok with Itunes?
2) how do you sync apps downloaded from Cydia?
3) i understand that Tethered upgrade has to run ibooty everytime you restart the phone and untethered will let you reboot as you see fit, BUT i have read conflicting info stating that doing an untethered flash will not install Cydia and will not be able to install app. is this true?
4) if above is true whats the point of untethed?
finally when 4.3.1 CW flash comes out would some one be willing to help me with the upgrade
- 03-30-2011, 04:38 PM #2
Thanks for the reply.
I am unsure where I read it most of the info I found was from 2009 aswell. I seen it a few places even on YouTube video but like I said sounded fishy to me, but want to make sure
Free apps in cydia do you still need to go through the sign in with facebook stage ect?
- 03-31-2011, 01:29 PM #5
As a person who has been jailbreaking since the original iPod Touch, I would suggest the following...
1) Wait for the 4.3.1 Untethered jailbreak to be released
2) Wait for TIPB or other equally reputable Apple/iPhone blogs to post news about the release of the jailbreak
3) Wait about 48 hours after its release before using the jailbreak. This will allow other more daring users to run into bugs, as well as allow the jailbreak devs to get the fixes out.
4) Purchase a full license for BiteSMS, and possibly iBlacklist.
Thanks for the advice.
What are those app? Had a quick google looks like a SMS message service butnwhat does this give over standard messages?
Iblacklist I wouldn't use. I wouldn't want to blacklist people unless your telling me I'm about to get spammed if I jailbreak lol
- 03-31-2011, 01:47 PM #7
- 04-01-2011, 02:04 PM #9
I know it's the phone as tried it else where and also reading up on it online apparently it's a common issue with iPhone 4 and any Bluetooth headset
- 04-01-2011, 02:20 PM #11
- 04-01-2011, 02:40 PM #12
BiteSMS basically takes over for the Apple Messages app. Looks almost identical too, which is nice. I use the free, ad supported version for about a year. However, every once and a while the ads would bug out and there would be 2 or 3 ads on screen, taking up half of the screen. I figured the $7-$10 was worth it for the app, so I bought the full license. One of the absolute best apps on Cydia.
Last edited by macharborguy; 04-01-2011 at 02:42 PM.