fake operator/carrier

L_D_G

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Found out that Fake Carrier is not in 4.2.1, but Fake Operator is. So I downloaded it and enter the info, but the carrier is not changing. What's going on? It was this easy with Fake Carrier. I think I could actually see it changing as I typed.

Thanks.

Sorry if this has been asked already, I did a brief search for Fake Carrier and Fake Operator and didn't notice anything answering my question.

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
works fine for me on my 4g. did you enter in the operator name and then flick the switch to enable it? maybe a reboot after?
mine works and i did my buddies 3gs last night and it works too

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
FaKeCarrier is what I use on my 4.2.1 and it works just fine. Be sure to tap the 'Set' button after typing in a new carrier name.

L_D_G

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Went into it. Turned switch off. Turned ipod off and back on. Turned switch on. Turned ipod off and back on again. Still no change. Anything in Winterboard maybe offsetting it? Something in Cydia/Big Boss Prefs that is clashing?

Any alternate program that might do the same thing? Since my ipod and Fake Carrier/Operator are randomly clashing....

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
Will it work in an iPod? Since there's not a carrier, I don't see it having anywhere to put the text. I don't know how these apps work on iPods.

L_D_G

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded from 3.1.3. When there, I was using Fake Carrier and instead of it saying "iPod" in the top left corner-next to the wifi signal strength-i have my name. Having no literal carrier did not restrict me, maybe it does now?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice