BiteSMS 5.2 Final

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any thoughts or feedback on the new release? so far so good here but only had it install for few mins now.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone have any thoughts or feedback on the new release? so far so good here but only had it install for few mins now.

My first thoughts were, "Wait, why can't I click send?! (on QuickReply)" until I opened up the app and went into settings and saw the Default Send Method was defaulted to "Remember per Contact." Changed it back to "via Mobile Carrier" right away.

Other than that, works great. Haven't tried the TextFreek thing yet though.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
My first thoughts were, "Wait, why can't I click send?! (on QuickReply)" until I opened up the app and went into settings and saw the Default Send Method was defaulted to "Remember per Contact." Changed it back to "via Mobile Carrier" right away.

Other than that, works great. Haven't tried the TextFreek thing yet though.

Yeah, they got me with that one too... the pink 'Send' button is the give-away clue...

So far, I haven't noticed much different - good or bad... still a solid app.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, they got me with that one too... the pink 'Send' button is the give-away clue...

So far, I haven't noticed much different - good or bad... still a solid app.

Yeah, but I couldn't see the pink button until I opened the app. In QuickReply, it just darkened the "Send" button and I couldn't press it.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I don't suppose you can view/send an MMS from Quick Compose yet, can you? That's the one feature I've always missed with Bite.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I haven't myself, but it's been the number 1 or 2 most requested feature in the biteSMS forums for at least a year or more now. The dev has said in the past that it's not really a priority for him since you can open the app and send an MMS from there.

Of course, you can do that to send an SMS as well--but for me the whole point of QC is that you don't have to go into the app, and even if sending an MMS isn't an everyday thing it's still something I use more often than some of the other features added in recent updates. Oh well, I can wait!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
lulz, MMS is probably the most requested feature, within bitesms, but as of yet it does not exist for whatever reason

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
biteSMS - Change Log

TextFreek integration (text for FREE!!!) - See biteSMS, Settings, TextFreek.
iOS 4.3 compatibility.
New feature for the default send method to be 'Remember per Contact'. Especially useful when you?d like to switch to using the biteSMS network for specific friends (say international or not included in your carriers unlimited plan).
Added ringtone support for iOS 4.2.1 such that biteSMS now interacts correctly with the new iOS per contact ringtone feature.
For biteSMS Ringtones (packaged or in directory structure) the volume is now reduced by 50% if headphones are plugged-in.
With privacy set, the [Open] and [Call] buttons should display as active / inactive as expected.
Fixed up bug when composing a new scheduled message it did not always show the scheduled clock icon.

jekslee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
Bitesms works with CallTell

BiteSms 5.2 ad-supported works with CallTell (announces your calls and reads out sms while you're driving) So now I don't have to get iRealsms at all. And BitSms + CallTell = way cheaper than iRealSMS!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
It still crashes my springboard from time to time, happened this morning. It's no biggie tho still my number one fav app for JB. I noticed it usually crashes my springboard when SSH is enabled but that may just be a coincidence. I too would love to be able to make a quick message without openning the app. I just thought about this the other day, usually I just wait until the person texts me again lol

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
BiteSms 5.2 ad-supported works with CallTell (announces your calls and reads out sms while you're driving) So now I don't have to get iRealsms at all. And BitSms + CallTell = way cheaper than iRealSMS!

and cheaper is better... we get it :rolleyes:

just for the the record; biteSMS > iRealSMS.. or any others

jekslee

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
It still crashes my springboard from time to time, happened this morning. It's no biggie tho still my number one fav app for JB. I noticed it usually crashes my springboard when SSH is enabled but that may just be a coincidence. I too would love to be able to make a quick message without openning the app. I just thought about this the other day, usually I just wait until the person texts me again lol

I haven't confirmed this but I notice that on those occasions where BiteSMS 5.2 crashes my springboard, it appears to be when I have streaming music or video and I receive an incoming sms.