error message every time I open Cydia

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
Hey everyone, every time I go and open Cydia for the past week or so I get this error screen that says exactly:

"! GPG error: //cydia/hacklo.us ./Release: The following signatures were invalid: NODATA 1 NODATA2

! Failed to fetch //cydia.hacklo.us/./Packages.bz2 Sub-process /bin/bzip2 returned an error code (2)

X Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old ones used instead"

Ive had my phone jailbroken for about a month and have only been getting this screen for about a week, anyone know the cause/how to fix it? I have a screen shot of the error screen but cant post the link to the picture cause of my post count, any help would be appreciated.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Are you running Cydia 1.0 or 1.1?

It may be a problem with the repo... have you tried removing it (the hackulo.us repo) and re-adding it?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Did you do the update to 1.1 in the "past week or so"? Maybe it's related to the upgrade... I had one repo that got hosed... just removed it and re-added it. Give it a shot and let us know how that works...

Reactions: CHAM89

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
yea the upgrade to 1.1 was around the same time this error started. I removed and re-added the repo, seems to be working havent received that error message yet. Thanks!

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
spoke too soon, just went into cydia again and got the same error. It appears every time cydia is refreshing the info that pops up above the cydia title bar when first opening cydia

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I'm getting the same error, but with a different repo. I messed up when I upgraded Cydia and tapped 'Essentials' instead of 'Complete". I figured that was why. I'm still able to update apps and install new ones without any problems. It just takes a little longer to load and I get the 'NODATA' error.

CHAM89

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I think I may have done the same thing, and clicked esssentials instead of complete when upgrading to 1.1, is there a way to re-install 1.1?

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I think it's because of tapping Essentials instead of Complete. I've upgraded my iPad tapping on Complete and I don't have any errors when I launch Cydia. Luckily, I can't find anything not working. Just getting the repo errors.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73