- 03-28-2011, 01:23 AM #2
- 03-28-2011, 10:52 AM #3
- 03-28-2011, 12:46 PM #4
- 03-28-2011, 01:53 PM #5
- 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM #6
- 03-28-2011, 01:58 PM #7
- 03-28-2011, 03:25 PM #8
JB phone runs just like any normal phone it does EVERYTHING a normal iPhone does. It's the normal iPhone that can't do any of the things a JB phone can do. The backup doesn't backup the firmware just media and settings so yes it is safe to restore but like someone said you may find that you have less space than you expect.
- 03-31-2011, 02:05 PM #9iPhone Nanite
- 2 Posts
Don't know if this is the right place for this question, but....
I just purchased an iPad (1st gen) and did an immediate backup on iTunes - no problem there. However, I downloaded/updated the firmware to iOS 4.3.1 from 3.2.xx. Sorry that I did since there is no untethered JB yet (am I impatient???). I found a 4.2.1 download and thought there was a way via restore to install that firmware:
1) is that an option?
2) Does "backup" and "restore" save the firmware? I.e. if I did a "restore" from my original backup, will I be back on the 3.2.xx firmware version?
3) Can I use iTunes to install the 4.2.1 IPSW file that I downloaded? Will that work or is there some other glitch?
Any info would be most appreciated.
Last edited by Mistered45; 03-31-2011 at 02:19 PM.
- 03-31-2011, 02:16 PM #10
1) not an option. You should have jailbroken on 3.x and used tiny umbrella to backup your ssh blobs or waited until cydia automatically backed them up.
2) No. Backup does not backup firmware only settings. And you cannot restore to a previous firmware unless you followed 1).