please help!

nc3g

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm lost in the whole jailbreak procedure. I've done everything and need to activate my phone so I can make calls. Do I open iTunes and "setup a new device" or "Restore from a backup"....Help me please!

nc3g

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I installed Cydia, eneable homescreen wallpaper, and enable battery percentage. Do I need to go back and add just boot thether right now? Oh, I had version 4.2.1 and 5.15.04...

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
is your phone an AT&T phone? if your SIM doesn't match the network of the phone then you need to unlock it to use the phone. If this is the case then go to iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials then go to tutorials, iPhone then Unlock. I'm not sure if your baseband is supported but you'll see from the info.

nc3g

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's an AT&T phone. I only wanted to jb and not unlock it since there isn't one for 5.15.04. Do I open iTunes and go back to the last backup I had or activate as a new iPhone? I have lost all my contacts as well....

I know, I'm a newb but nothing said anything about iTunes after doing the jb. I did print the instructions from that link before attempting.

Last edited:

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's an AT&T phone. I only wanted to jb and not unlock it since there isn't one for 5.15.04. Do I open iTunes and go back to the last backup I had or activate as a new iPhone? I have lost all my contacts as well....

I know, I'm a newb but nothing said anything about iTunes after doing the jb. I did print the instructions from that link before attempting.

Wait, so what carrier are you going to use it with?

And if you backed up your phone before, you can choose restore from last backup and you contacts should be back.

But personally, I like setting it up new.

nc3g

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
I'm with and staying with AT&T and I've had the phone for 2 yrs now. I just did a restore (it didn't have a date so I assume it was the most recent one) and everything is there except my service and all of the apps I purchased from iTunes.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm with and staying with AT&T and I've had the phone for 2 yrs now. I just did a restore (it didn't have a date so I assume it was the most recent one) and everything is there except my service and all of the apps I purchased from iTunes.

Well then the unlock is not necessary.

Like I said, the choice is yours:

You can restore from backup, which should get your device to how it was during the most recent backup (it usually backs up every time you sync).

Or you could start fresh and set up everything yourself. What you want to sync, settings, input contacts, set up mail, etc.

After choosing one of the two options in iTunes, it should let you use your phone.

nc3g

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
Lol, yeah. That's what was on the first time. I clicked restore from backup and didn't get any service. I then did another restore and have service but now the phone is back to original state, not jb.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
Lol, yeah. That's what was on the first time. I clicked restore from backup and didn't get any service. I then did another restore and have service but now the phone is back to original state, not jb.

What firmware are you on? Most people use greenpois0n instead of redsnow to jailbreak. With greenpois0n there's no need to restore.

anon(5335877)

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
5.15.04. Everything I read said redsn0w was the way to go with this firmware.

That's not the firmware. That's the baseband. AKA modem firmware. It's what also what primarily determines whether you can unlock or not

In your "about" settings, the firmware is listed under "version." I assume yours is 4.2.1?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox