TinyUmbrella FixRecovery 4.3 issue

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
The Firmware Umbrella - TinyUmbrella: FixRecovery Updated - 4.3 supported

FixRecovery Updated - 4.3 supported
I've set up a couple downloads for the external fixrecovery app (based on the amazing greenpois0n by Chronic-Dev) These zip files contain windows and osx executables for 4.2.1 and 4.3. Unfortunately, there isn't currently a way for me to put all of this in a single executable. I'm working on packaging this all together with TinyUmbrella but it's tedious since it requires separate executables currently. I'll clean that up soon. I just wanted you all to have the ability to RESTORE your iPhone 4 to 4.3 and keep your 01.59 baseband and be able to get out of the ensuing recovery loop.

USAGE:

Once you've restored your device to 4.2.1 or 4.3 and have entered the dreaded 'recovery loop'
KILL ITUNES
Put your device into DFU
Run the appropriate executable ie. fixrecovery421 for 4.2.1
...???
Profit - you should see the activation screen shortly...
Note that this app does /NOT/ hactivate. You must have a valid/official sim to activate your phone.

i have done this method twice now and both times it has broken coding in my phone app

meaning; right after i hang up on a phone call a screen will pop up showing "call failed".. at first i thought it might have been a bug with LockInfo since a majority of these calls were from my favorites in the lockscreen.. unfortunately it would happen from any place i made a phone call

then towards the end of the day i was dropping calls when and where i never have before.. jailbreaking is fun and all but when it interferes with the performance/workability of the device it's time to take a hard look at priorities

anyone else have any issues with this method?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
come to find out it was LockInfo that what causing this.. the "favorites" plugin to be exact; after turning it OFF the issue stopped

it's nice to be jailbroken again :)

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i toggled it to the OFF position in LockInfo. it is still active on the device itself (Native App)

joolz1

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Hrmm.. I am on 4.2.1 (restored from 4.3.1) and am also having this issue but in Lockinfo my favorites has always been off.. I am only using Calender/Mail/SMS/Phone.. any ideas?

Cheers

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
joolz1, i am now on 4.3.1 and jailbroken with redsn0w.. it no longer happens

just curious, why did you go back to 4.2.1?

joolz1

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Because the day redsn0w first came out untethered I upgraded to 4.3.1 from 4.1 and Shrink didn't work also Slantedlock was broken. Main thing that ticked me off is the silent switch bug (vibrates when going into ringer mode as opposed to going into silent) - and that still hasn't been resolved in rc12, so I shall wait longer to go back go 4.3.1

evorc

Oct 15, 2010
Visit site
4.3.1 is buggy as hell! My phone kept ramdomly springboard crashing and waking phone from sleep was a pita! I seriously had to press it twice to wake up the phone. I went back to 4.2.1 today and violla no problem! Greenpois0n FTW! Sorry it's the truth!

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i too have the "vibrate switch" bug but it is intermittent and does not affect the actual operation of the device.. meaning, it vibrates when it is supposed to and not when selected

regarding any other issues with 4.3.1, have you guys tried to restore as new device and then jailbreak? i do this before every new iOS/Jailbreak and have to say i have had really good results

my battery life with 4.3.1 is very good and have had no springboard crashes. i also think it may still be too early to judge considering some Devs are a little lazy in updating their work

joolz1

Apr 11, 2011
Visit site
Wow this is funny, my phone stopped displaying the "call failed" screen after hanging up on calls today.

Weird, but happy :D

I guess I will just stick with 4.2.1 for a long while!.. it just works!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice