Totally Lost:Jailbreak&Unlock

niqil

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
I bought an Iphone from a friend a couple of months ago anld got it unlocked and everything so that I could go with Simple Mobile. A couple of days ago it crashed and now I have absolutely no idea how to jailbreak and unlock it. Ive tried download the redsn0w thing along with iphone ipsw but when it says 'waiting for reboot' it just freezes. I dont know what operating system my iphone is on. I know i have iphone 3g. itunes on my computer is version 10.2.1 Can someone please help?

niqil

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It gave me some crazy message that i cant remember then it said sim now recognized or insert sim card. i can only make emergency calls.

kayno

Aug 11, 2009
Visit site
I had a similar problem with my 3GS that was jailbroken. There was a popup saying to restore my phone or something. Then I got the "no signal". Then when I tried to restore my phone I would get an error message in iTunes. I had to get a replacement because the radio was fried. Try restoring it originally with iTunes. It will give u the latest OS. I believe that's unlockable. If it can't restore with iTunes know your phone is fried.

niqil

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
yes,everytime i hook it up itunes says to restore and it does but then it says sim card not recognized so yeah i believe it may be fried. thx!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I beleive the 3G is not supported on 4.3 so if you restored you probably have 4.2. So the easiest thing to do is JB the phone with a ipsw made in pwnage tool because you can set it to hacktivate the phone. So shoot me an email ricky@t3kd.com if you don't have a Mac. You might be able to use Sn0wbreeze to do the thing on the Windows side but I've never used it so can't say how it works. Once you get the custom ipsw you would put your phon into DFU mode, do a search and find out how to do it. Then you would open iTunes it will tell you there is an iPhone in restore mode. Then you hold the Shift key(Windows) or Option key(Mac) and click restore. Then browse to the custom ipsw and let it do it's thing. Once it's done put your SIM in and activate the phone so it will be accessible.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
The next step will be the unlock because at this point it's just jailbroken. There are ways to downgrade the baseband but I've never found one that works. The fact that it's a 3G there's no warranty and you need it unlocked which means you should only run custom firmware anyway. So once you get into the phone you may need to re-JB with the tool that loads the iPad baseband so that you can unlock the phone. Sinc you have to re-JB then I would just go back to 3.1.3 firmware since the 3G runs ****ty on any firmware above it.