iPad 4.0.1 Download

shambleboy

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I have a Wi-Fi enabled iPad which is currently on version 3.2 and is jailbroken.

I used jailbreakme to do this and understand the last version that was fully jailbreak-able is v4.0.1.

Firstly is this true, and secondly where can i download the ispw file for 4.0.1 so i can update my ipad.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
I did have a feeling that would be the answer i got :(

So whats the last fully jailbreak-able version around, and where can download the file for it if you know?

The latest and only untethered JB for iPad is 4.2.1 but you can't load that firmware anymore because Apple stopped signing it.

shambleboy

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
The latest and only untethered JB for iPad is 4.2.1 but you can't load that firmware anymore because Apple stopped signing it.

So basically i will have to keep to my 3.2 until they make an untethered jailbreak for a newer firmware. I just want to update my ipad to install certain apps that require a higher firmware!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
So basically i will have to keep to my 3.2 until they make an untethered jailbreak for a newer firmware. I just want to update my ipad to install certain apps that require a higher firmware!

Yes if you have 3.2 JB. You have to upgrade and JB on 4.2.1 when you had the chance. Too late now.

shambleboy

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Ok,

so i was suing tinyumbrella just to make sure all my SHSH blobs were saved onto my pc and not just through Cydia. I have 3 saved SHSH's,

those being 4.2.1, 4.3 and 4.3b1.

Can these not be used to sign the file?

I don't completely understand this so excuse me if its a silly question to ask.

Also let me point out now that i previously had an ipad with 4.2.1 which i performed a tethered jailbreak which was linked to my cydia account, which maybe where my SHSH's have come from, not sure tbh :-s

Last edited:

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
It's not too late. That's the point of saving your SHSH blobs.

If you go into Cydia on your 3.2 iPad and it shows in the list of SHSH that you've got 4.2.1. You can download 4.2.1 ipsw and upgrade it that way, but you will have to modify your host files to point to Cydia's servers for the "Apple signing". (google it if you don't know)

OR

If you plug in your ipad to your computer with Tiny Umbrella installed . It will tell you what SHSH blobs it has backed up for your particular device. All you have to do is click on the connected device on the left and then click save SHSH. If 4.2.1 shows up on the list. Start TSS Server. Then you just download 4.2.1 ipsw for ipad and do the whole shift (command) click and choose 4.2.1 firmware and then use greenpois0n.com to jailbreak it.

Sorry for not laying everything out step by step, but I'm going off memory and not in front of a computer right now.

Last edited:

shambleboy

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
It's not too late. That's the point of saving your SHSH blobs.

If you go into Cydia on your 3.2 iPad and it shows in the list of SHSH that you've got 4.2.1. You can download 4.2.1 ipsw and upgrade it that way, but you will have to modify your host files to point to Cydia's servers for the "Apple signing". (google it if you don't know)

OR

If you plug in your ipad to your computer with Tiny Umbrella installed . It will tell you what SHSH blobs it has backed up for your particular device. All you have to do is click on the connected device on the left and then click save SHSH. If 4.2.1 shows up on the list. Start TSS Server. Then you just download 4.2.1 ipsw for ipad and do the whole shift (command) click and choose 4.2.1 firmware and then use greenpois0n.com to jailbreak it.

Sorry for not laying everything out step by step, but I'm going off memory and not in front of a computer right now.

Well when i plugged my ipad into my mac and ran tinyumbrella then click the device plugged in and back up my shsh's it has the previously mentioned shsh's back-up!

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
Then you are good to go. Follow the instructions above. Personally I would go the tiny umbrella route that way you don't have to mess with the hosts file. Make sure you leave Tiny Umbrella up running TSS Server throughout the Restore process. You can turn it off and close it down before you use greenpois0n.

Last edited:
Reactions: shambleboy

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You're on a Mac so do like he said except it's hold down the Option key not command and then click Restore. It will prompt you to point to the ipsw file. You can also get the ipsw files on iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials if you can't find it shoot me a PM I'll give you a link. Although you could use Greenpois0n like swoosh said you're on a Mac I think it would be easier to use pwnage tool because you would create the ipsw and follow swoosh/s instructions and point to the ipsw and bam you're JBen not requiring the second step of running Greenpois0n after you load up the stock ipsw. So go to the same site I linked, go to tutorials, iPad, and look for the Pwnage Tool method for 4.2 and download the tools and follow the instructions.

Reactions: shambleboy

shambleboy

Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
Then you are good to go. Follow the instructions above. Personally I would go the tiny umbrella route that way you don't have to mess with the hosts file. Make sure you leave Tiny Umbrella up running TSS Server throughout the Restore process. You can turn it off and close it down before you use greenpois0n.

Thanks for your help, your method has worked a treat and i now have a iPad 4.1.2 that has had the jailbreak performed!
:):):)