Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Default Having problems with my new iPhone 4

I have just jailbroken my iPhone 4 with green poison. I love all the things I can do with it, but I'm having problems with my battery draining way too fast now. Also having a lot of problems with safari crashing all the time! I clear all my history, cookies, and cache daily and reboot. I'm not sure if I have put something on my phone that is causing all these problems. Should I just unjailbreak? If so how do I do it? I tried restore on iTunes and everything stayed the same! Or can I just erase all my jailbreak stuff, and start over? Any suggestions would be great! I did look for a specific thread, but was unable to find one so before someone yells at me, you can just point me in the right direction. Thanx in advance!
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    13,726 Global Posts

If you did a restore on iTunes, you're no longer jailbroken.

Next time, look in the jailbreak forum, where this thread is now located.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

That's the thing. I still have all the features that being jailbroken has! Thanx. I'll look in the other forum.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,455 Global Posts

Do a restore as new device. This will reset your device back to a new state but it will likely upgrade you to 4.3 which only supports a tethered jailbreak right now. You will want to see if cydia has your 4.2.1 shsh blobs before doing this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    116 Global Posts

Same thing happened to me.
    I restored to a custom 4.2.1 firmware i downloaded and once finished it was in DFU mode it wouldn't come out.
    I had to jailbreak with greenpoison when it was in DFU mode and it worked perfect.

It works way better now.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iPhone Beginner

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

I'm on 4.2.6. so I need to restore as a new device? Then try to reinstall the JB. I'm pretty sure I was in DFU mode when I did it the first time.