ipod touch jailbreak 4.3

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ive been looking all over and can't find any information on this.

Is there a jailbreak out for software 4.3 yet? I have a 3rd generation 32gb.

If not, can i downgrade it? And does that make it slower or do i lose some features or something?

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
No jailbreak yet. That's why you can't find anything. Although, it will help in the future, to look here in the jailbreak forum.

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright. Im going to try snowbreeze but it says download snowbreeze and download 4.3 firmware.

Do i have to download it if it is already on my device? Where do i find the file at?

And also if this doesnt work can i downgrade?

jdavis530

May 18, 2010
Visit site
If your ipod came with 4.3 on it, then no you can't downgrade. If your ipod came with 4.2.1, and you dont have your SHSH blobs saved, then you still can't downgrade. Has your ipod ever been jailbroken before?

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I bought the ipod online from somone else but i dont think it has ever been jailbroken. I tryed using snowbreeze but when i dragged the file in from documents and settings<application data<apple it said invalid. Then i downloaded another folder on snowbreeze that said it was the firmware bundle but it is just a zip folder full of dmg files. I dont know what ispw to drag into the box.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Your questions mean you need to do some reading and research. If you don't know about JB it is an easy recipe to mess up your device. You can get the stock ipsw from iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials and I beleive there is a JB for 4.3 but I'm not sure if it's going to be smoothe. There is supposed to be a JB coming after the 4.3.1 update so just be patient. You can't downgrade and if you could it wouldn't do anything to the device it just wouldn't have the new features in the updated firmware. You should search on the forums for shsh, pwnage, redsn0w and just read the JB forum in general. This is good reading if you're planning to JB.

Last edited:

phoon61

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I bought the ipod online from somone else but i dont think it has ever been jailbroken. I tryed using snowbreeze but when i dragged the file in from documents and settings<application data<apple it said invalid. Then i downloaded another folder on snowbreeze that said it was the firmware bundle but it is just a zip folder full of dmg files. I dont know what ispw to drag into the box.

rename the zip file as .ipsw

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
also the new 4.3 jailbreak is tethered that means once your ipod dies out of power or restarted you ahve to hook it up to itunes and rejailbreak, id suggest waiting for a new jailbreak thats untethered :) good luck

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Alright thanks everyone..I had renamed the zip file already but it was after i unpacked it. I did it without unpacking and it worked but when i got to itunes i got error 22. So i will just wait for the untethered jailbreak(if i didnt already brick my ipod)

Does anyone know when its coming?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR