baseband for a factory unlocked iPhone

KBug

Nov 17, 2008
Visit site
I wanted to know if baseband version mean anything to a factory unlocked iPhone ??
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 with the baseband version 03.10.01 on firmware 4.2.1, and it not jailbroken. I want to jailbreak it but I am not sure if I should upgrade to 4.3 now and wait for jailbreak to come out and then update to jailbroken 4.3 again ?? I guess baseband update shouldn't mean anything to me, right ??

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I wanted to know if baseband version mean anything to a factory unlocked iPhone ??
I have a factory unlocked iPhone 4 with the baseband version 03.10.01 on firmware 4.2.1, and it not jailbroken. I want to jailbreak it but I am not sure if I should upgrade to 4.3 now and wait for jailbreak to come out and then update to jailbroken 4.3 again ?? I guess baseband update shouldn't mean anything to me, right ??

If your phone is factory unlock, it will always be unlock. Doesn't matter what the baseband is. Thus, you can update the firmware which also updates the baseband and it will stay unlock.

And, why wait for JB 4.3 ? Just JB 4.2.1 by running Greenpoison.

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
I don't like updating my iPhone every month. 4.3 is new and I want to update with a jb'ed 4.3 so that I cant stick to it for 3 months or so

Then, you might have to wait awhile for untethered 4.3 JB. And, you dot have to update just because a new firmware comes out. I am still running JB 4.1 and I don't plan on updating anytime soon.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Yes the baseband only matters to people who want to unlock. You don't need to unlock so it doesn't affect you. A JBer is concerned with SHSH blobs since you're still on 4.2 I would advise you to JB, save your SHSH blobs and then upgrade to 4.3. This way you'll have the option of downgrading the firmware. It's rumored that a JB has already been done on the iPad 2 but the dev wont release it until 4.3.1 is released which should be in a couple weeks.

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
hey bro im just wondering whats hte model of your iphone? i just want to see if mine is factory unlocked too and my model is MC318LL pls let me know :)

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ed simply get a SIM from a carrier other than the one you use. If you put it in and the phone works ie. dials out, sends text messages then it's unlocked.

ed116

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
r u sure bro? would it be ok if i tried virgin mobile my best freind has one :p ive seen her everyday but forgot to ask her :p

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox