upgraded my new ipad to ios 4.3, what are my options?

macindows

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi Everyone. I recently bought an Ipad 1 64gb. Being an Apple Noob, I immediately upgraded it to IOS 4.3 upon syncing with itunes :(:(:(. Is there any way I can "untethered" jailbreak my device OR downgrade it back to an older IOS version which has more stable jailbreak options?

Thanks much!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
No untethered JB for 4.3. Unless you were JB on 4.2.1 and have your SHSH blobs saved which is needed to downgrade firmware, I think you are stuck where you are at.

macindows

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
What a shame - it's the answer I most dread. Based on your experience, how soon do you think will the untethered jailbreak be available for the IOS 4.3?

BTW, thanks for the swift response!

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
What a shame - it's the answer I most dread. Based on your experience, how soon do you think will the untethered jailbreak be available for the IOS 4.3?

BTW, thanks for the swift response!

Its really hard to say. It took awhile for the devs to get 4.2.1 Jailbroke and a new 4.3.1 OS is likely on the way which would probably delay things even more

phinx404

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site
there should be os 4.3.1 out by late next week and then its a matter of time after that. also with 4.3.1 has a much better battery life as well from what i read this morning in a review.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Double whammy but thanks again Garz! Would you recommend that I try the tethered jailbreak using snowbreeze?

Me personally I wouldnt use tethered. Ive only JB using untethered. Thats really your call though

Last edited:

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
macindows, look at jailbreaking as having access to another app store, but better

there are some "free" apps/tweaks but most of your better ones will cost money (this is the honest way of doing it)

just curious, do you like working for free?

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
What the hell is wrong with people lately...everyone just wants to steal instead of paying a couple of dollars for something. So pathetic.

Exactly... took the words right out of my mouth!

How would the OP feel if he worked all week and on payday we all showed up and took his paycheck?

EDIT: Looks like BLiNK was thinking the same thing...

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Exactly... took the words right out of my mouth!

How would the OP feel if he worked all week and on payday we all showed up and took his paycheck?

EDIT: Looks like BLiNK was thinking the same thing...

I won't even download free music off the internet. It's not right.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The only time I have ever done the "bad thing to do after jail breaking that can get posts locked here for even talking about" was so I could get an app that Apple removed from the AppStore because it violated one of their AppStore terms. Remember that free wifi tether app, or MiTube? Stuff like that. And even then, the needs that I had back then are no longer needs I have now, and apple hasn't done the ban hammer in quite some time.

Now I only jailbreak for special features. Enhanced status bar, dock, home screen, phone blacklist, HTML widgets, etc. I've probably spent $100 or more on Cydia apps so far. I fully support developers.

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
I am dying a little more every day that passes without a JB for my iPad 2! I sold my iPad on eBay to fund the purchase I made on release day and never thought it would be that big of a deal to wait a bit until I could reap the benefits of a JB again.

Man was I WRONG! It has become a ritual for me - every morning I wake up, hit the bathroom, let the dog out, prep the coffee and Google "Jailbreak iPad 2" to see what I can come up with! ;)

Cydia is such a gift from the dev God's and I fully support every single of those guys (and gals). Honestly, I don't know what to do on my iPad 2 without it.....

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711