ToneFXs 2.0 borked my phone

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Upgraded Sunday late evening... Monday, noticed my mobileMe mail account behaving strangely - in that every time I trashed an email on the phone, the new mail alert would trigger. Noticed Monday night the MyProfiles got borked, and the new mail alerts triggered when MyProfiles was set up to silence them... yesterday, deleted ToneFXs 2.0 on the phone... all went back to boring "normal"... today, re-installed previous version of ToneFXs - re-set up desired alerts - and all works as desired.

Moral of the story: beware of ToneFXs 2.0 - hopefully, they'll fix the issue.

66gt350

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed the same thing whenever I deleted an email. I thought that I had just done a setting wrong or that I was going crazy -- I kept hearing that I got an email and nothing in my inbox. As soon as I removed ToneFXs 2.0, back to normal. I'm glad that I listened to the voices in my head!!!

anon(631531)

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I use ToneFx 2.0 and have had no problems, although i've always heard voices in my head! The Darkside of the Force must be calling me.:D

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I get the 'new email' sound when I delete an email. But, it's only on my POP account. It doesn't happen on my Exchange accounts.

CarrieC

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with getting a new mail msg when I delete an email. How do I remove tonefx from my iPhone 4? I have cydelete installed also. Am I supposed to remove it via cydia? Thanks in advanced.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with getting a new mail msg when I delete an email. How do I remove tonefx from my iPhone 4? I have cydelete installed also. Am I supposed to remove it via cydia? Thanks in advanced.

Yup - remove via cydia... hit 'manage' at the bottom, then 'packages'... scroll the list to ToneFXs and select...hit 'modify' in the upper right,,, then 'remove'... it will do its thing, respring, and then go back to cydia... manage account, log in, go to installable purchases, and select the toneFXs 1.0 and reinstall if you had it before... then set thing up how you like them again, and it should be OK.

xcalibr

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
ToneFX and vibrations issue

I used 1.0 version perfectly for over a year but after I upgraded to 2.0 all my vibrations (SMS, emails, notifications, etc...) are like 2-3 times longer than before - even after installing all upgrades too. Anybody else with the similar issue? Solutions? Thanx!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR