Greenpoison jailbreak on existing jailbroken phone-Help please!

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Hi,

I have an iphone 3gs running 3.1.2 jailbroken with black rain over a year ago.

Can I run the greenpoison jailbreak and update to latest firmware without resetting phone and taking off my previous jailbreak.
All tutorials I've seen on youtube only mention from an iphone that hasn;t got a JB on it.

My bootrom is iBoot-359.3 and I'm running windows vista

Frightened I'll lose everything.7

Cheers

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
You've waited a little too long. Apple isn't signing 4.2 anymore so if you try to upgrade you will get 4.3. There is a JB for 4.3 but personally I wouldn't do that unless you want to be a guinea pig. Your choice is to try using Sn0wbreeze(Windows) or Pwnage Tool to make a custom ipsw. Then put your device into DFU mode and open iTunes. It will tell you that it detects a phone in recovery then hold Shift and click restore to browse to your custom ipsw. If you would like one made in pwnage tool PM me or add me on twitter.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
But if he jb'ed over a year ago, he might have saved his SHSH for 4.2, and could use them to upgrade, no?

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Yes if you have the saved SHSH Blobs for 4.2.1 then he can upgrade to 4.2.1 and JB with GP.

To the OP, you really should always do a clean install then JB especially when using tools from different Devs. Make a list of what JB apps you use so you can re-install them and start fresh.

Bashy

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Thanks guys. Yes have checked on Cydia and SHSH are saved for 4.2.1.
Trouble is, I don't have a clue on how to go about this. Can someone outline it or point me in the right direction for a tutorial.
Also, If I do a clean install, will I lose my contacts/messages/notes etc?

Cheers again

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Go to this thread http://forum.tipb.com/jailbreak-unl...e-ios-4-3-ios-4-2-1-4-1-iphone-ipod-ipad.html BLiNK posted a link that tells you how to downgrade. In your case you're not downgrading but the process of editing your hosts file should be the same. You should search next time most of the info has been answered but this time I'll let you off easy LOL. When Massie says start fresh, you wont lose your contacts,music, etc. You will lose your settings, Wifi networks you've joined, email accounts. Just be sure to do a sync and backup before you start the process. When you install 4.2 from your stock ipsw it will ask if you would like to restore from your latest backup you would say setup as new. Then you will sync which will return your contacts, apps, music, etc. You will lose your pictures in the camera roll so make sure you get those onto the computer. Then you would JB with Greenpois0n, like I've said before look up the problems some have face trying to run the tool. It's fast and easy but you might run into errors or your phone not rebooting and it would be good to know what steps to take to handle it. If all else fails just post up here and wait for someone to help you out, don't try a million different things that you think MIGHT work.

PS
sorry I read your post wrong I thought you were saying you JB over a year ago with blackra1n on 3.1.3 which is why I said you waited too long.

Reactions: Bashy

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73