Unjailbreak Greenpoison on iPhone 4: 4.2.1 ???

muckdog

Dec 15, 2010
themoneygoround.com
Hi all. What is the best way to un-jailbreak an iPhone 4 running 4.2.1 with the Greenpoison untethered jailbreak? And then upgrade to 4.3?

I'm guessing steps are:

1. Connect to iTunes
2. Backup iPhone
3. Restore iphone to factory settings
4. Restore backup
5. Upgrade to 4.3

Or, can I simply

1. Connect to iTunes
2. Backup iPhone
3. Install 4.3 over the jailbreak

Anyone do this? Thoughts?

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Suggest you don't restore from JB Backup after going back to stock.

You can try updating to 4.3 through iTunes. If that doesn't work, put the phone into DFU mode, and then, restoring to 4.3.

swooshme

Sep 1, 2009
Visit site
I'd suggest you try restoring from backup when you were done. I've restored from JB backups plenty of times on my 3G, 3GS, and 4. And never had any problems with it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Please next time search, this has been answered multiple times. Your methods are correct so you can try either one, the upgrade over the JB would be the best method since you wont need to restore from backup. At the worste you may need to put your phone in DFU mode if you get errors or the phone wont reboot. I have never had any problems, so just make sure you backup and sync before starting either method. I also restore from backup ALL the time too, I wish people would stop saying not to and instead say to restore as new if there are problems.

You might want to read this thread before going through with it http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-forum/209099-4-3-worth.html I have been so frustrated I wish I never upgraded :(

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods