Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Nanite

1 Posts

Default help with jailbreak please!!

i spent all night looking for how to do this, and its not working!
    i downloaded the newest version of redsn0w and i already had the 4.2.1 software. i have an ipod touch 2g, and it is model MB528LL. i jailbroke my ipod, but when i rebooted it, the cydia app is white and crashes when i open it. people were saying that i had to just tethered it, but my redsn0w doesnt have that option when i open it. my ipod also wont turn off, so ive been having to reset it and wait till it turns black and hope it doesnt turn back on.
    please help me get cydia to work and figure out how to turn my ipod off! thanks!!!
    iPhone Intermediate

366 Posts

Install / JB with Greenpoison. That should make it a untethered JB and the device will boot up normally.
    iMore Genius

5,041 Posts
    Global Posts
    5,046 Global Posts

Are you sure you have no "just boot tethered right now" option? If you do, you probably just need to hook your iPt up to your computer and do that. Another thing to check is that you're using the right jailbreak method--depending on your model you may need to use Greenpois0n. See this chart for details and video guides:
    jailbreakmatrix.com | iPhone/iPod News/Apps/Games/Guides
    iMore Intermediate

414 Posts
    Global Posts
    420 Global Posts

Go to this Help Me Jailbreak