Which JB apps and hacks to stay away from?

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
i jail broke my vip4 like a month ago and everything was fine for a while. this week though i have been seeing a lot of weird things happing.

apps closing by themselves. screen taps not registering. lots of lag here and there. i reboot my device a lot because i see memory down below 50 and was thinking that was it. i see it happening though when it is in the 200's sometimes. i dont think its just a memory thing.

i dont want to give up lockinfo, its repeat notifications, sbsettings, and my custom notification sounds. i dont use winterboard or do any themeing.

i was wanting to hear from the forums.... Which apps/hacks do you recommend me stay away from? which apps/hack have given you the most trouble?

Thanks, Cody

cody

May 17, 2006
Visit site
What jailbreak apps do you have currently installed?

It's hard to remember them all but....

Lockinfo
Lockinfo weather
Lockinfo Popup blocker
Openssh (password changed)
Sbsettings
Bite SMS

Those are my jb apps.

I know there is always a possibility of app conflict, but I was hopping on just finding a list of apps/hacks that the jb community just recommended staying away from.

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
Try reinstalling springclean. They just put up an update for libstatusbar that was giving me hella problems. Also had to remove Barrel too, but reinstalled both this morning and all is well for me

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
I'd say to stay away from SysPartition, from personal experience. I had to restore my iPod after using it because it was caught in a boot loop :/