BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'll keep an eye on it and update this thread if/when it gets better

when i had it going it seemed rather slow

iRandom

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
The app has a great potential to it, it just needs some, okay a lot, of fixes.

I tried this app myself, and I must say, that the themes looked fantastic!

Although as mentioned, I had experienced many SpringBoard crashes.

I can't wait to see some updates in this app! Definitely one I would go back to if it worked perfectly :)

Laelipoo

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I must admit, the thought of more integrated widgets is interesting. I do have lockinfo, so I wouldn't need too many of them, but the thought is nice.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
I'll keep track of this thread, after Springtomize which looked promising but didn't offer me anything special. So this time thanks for being the guinea pigs :)

citibori

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
This app completely locked my phone. I had to restore and rejailbreak for my phone to work again. Took me HOURS!

WK446

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
BLiNK: are you running Winterboard or any other theming tweaks? Conflicts probably caused your crashing. :(

You may have to uninstall them first before trying that new tweak.

iphonewarrior

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
Dreamboard has been updated now. You can actually launch it without problems.

However, trying to enter the time and date is a struggle as it the keyboard pop-up displays incorrectly.

Then after fighting with it, you successfully enter the time, but get left with an annoying square box where the weather widget should display.

Also, the worst problem I've seen with the tweak/mod is when you exit it. You tap the "Dreamboard" button at the bottom, slide to the iOS screen and tap it, the iPhone looks normal again, then when you try to launch any app the phone freezes. Then after about 30 seconds, it resprings into Safe Mode.

The Dev needs to pull his socks up and get this fixed. I can't honestly believe that he/she gave it away for free then put a price tag on it.

Raven_2k

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
DreamBoard Concerns

Just an opinion and observation regarding DreamBoard that probably will not be a popular one, however, that does not make it inaccurate.

My iPhone is my fav toy also and I was anxious to give DreamBoard a try. The app would not install and after multiple attempt to contact Wynd, the developer, I could not get a response or support. Consequently I did another jailbreak from 4.2.1.to 4.3.1 and was able to install after a wipe as anticipated. A very inconvenient requirement to install an app. Later I found it crashed due to compatibility issues with at least one other app.

First opinion, these are not qualities of a Commercial Released app.

After working with it for couple of days it became crystal clear that unlike WinterBoard, PogoPlank and others?this did not integrate with the iOS features. While WB does impact performance, DreamBoard noticibly impacts both performance and battery life. Beyond that, not only does it not integrate with the iOS, it in fact, block several key features (namely Dock, Folders and Spotlight). While I am not a developer it appears that DreamBoard is not much more than a Browser with some enumeration functions (and the DB Themes are merely web pages with widgets). Therefore, the springboard is running beneath, simply inaccessible as the browser is claiming the topmost layer above the UI and only relinquishes screen control to apps. Consequently more sophisticated iOS functionality like the Dock, Folders, MultiTasking, Spotlight etc. are blocked. At least BackBoard had the ability to save multiple WB themes and more useful?a utility.

Observation: By definition a Utility adds or enhances functionality.
DreamBoard does the opposite, it disables functionality and therefore is more of a Toy.
(a nice toy is still toy in the end).

I guess if I had known this I would not have been disappointed.

pilsbury

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm in the minority here. I'm running 4.2.1 greenpoison and downloaded Dreamboard yesterday and now have 7 themes. While it is a bit of a battery drain, it's not significant. All the themes run really well with no issues. I did have the springboard crash a couple of times, but hit reset and all was well.

Bob_B

Apr 6, 2011
Visit site
Installed latest version of Dreamboard last night that included the HTC Theme, rebooted my phone and BLACK SCREEN! Took me 30mins last night to fix what the issue was, thanks god it was just the simple delete Dreamboard. Shame, i really liked it till it messed up my phone. Im running 4.2.6 VZW Greenp0ison.

Bob

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2