Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iPhone Newbie

48 Posts

Default Greenpois0n 4.2.1 (3GS)

Im wondering if greenpois0n's jailbreak has been stabilized. Last time I checked here, there were problems with it screwing up iBooks.

So, has their latest 4.2.1 jailbreak been fixed of bugs and such? Untethered, right? I don't need to unlock, by the way, as I use AT&T.

Or maybe, is there a 4.2.1 jailbreak that is more commonly used or better? I've looked and can't find any other than greenpois0n's.

Last question:
    I know 4.3 is out, but just to clarify, there is no stable untethered jailbreak for it, correct?

Thanks for any answers!
    iPhone Intermediate

386 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,053 Global Posts

iBooks is fixed with a file from Cydia, hunnypot.deb. I think it's very stable.

It appears that untethered for 4.3 is close, but who know how far away it actually is.
    iPhone Intermediate

234 Posts

Yeah, the current version of greenpois0n (RC 6.1) works great.

It includes the iBooks fix.

Also for the iOS 4.3, there is no untether available for download yet.
    iMore Genius

7,265 Posts
    Global Posts
    7,332 Global Posts

The Greenpois0n works fine. There is a couple of iBook fixes however I've heard they don't fix the problem on a verizon iPhones. There are other tools it just depends how deep you want to go. Look there iClarified - Apple News and Tutorials go to tutorials-> iPhone->Jailbreak and you will see most of the tools available.
    iPhone Newbie

17 Posts

Greenpois0n for 4.2.1 is definately untethered and ibooks has been fixed.