Got to Love when installs go wrong

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Installed the mobile substrate update and now stuck in a boot loop. Well so much for going to bed. My pillow is calling but I need an alarm clock.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
damn, sorry to hear that.. that happened to me once during the week. i was tweaking my device until about 2am and **** howdy if i got myself into a boot loop as well

i was up until 4:15am because i had to have my device EXACTLY the way it was before things went wrong.. my 6:30am alarm came real quick!

hope you get it worked out

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
This is why I wouldn't bother with the 4.3 JB right now. When it all gets worked out officially then I'll join up. OP I hope you get your phone working :(

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
This was just an update in cydia. I like to wait like you do ipheiria. Blink same thing here. I ended up passing out in the lazy boy setting it up. It was somewhere around three and four am.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
was it a cydia update, are you on 4.2 firmware? cause I just did an update this morning but wasn't anything for the Mobile Substrate:confused: Well GL man hope you get it running. You can't get into the phone at all?

crystus

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Yeah it was one of my obscure sources. There is one i use that is the only one that still carries imobilecinema. I think that it got a beta version of the new mobile substrate. I just hit update without looking at where it was from and that got me into the boot loop. I ended up restoring and didn't have a copy of my PKG backup so had to figure out everything that I had on it. After I restored I saw the tab on iReb to resolve the boot loop. I found another way on a site that has a python based program that you drop an ipsw on top of it and it creates an update file so that you won't lose your programs and stuff. I didn't use it as I wanted to make sure that I kept the same baseband and it was late so i didn't look for the tiny umbrella guide to keep the base band the same. Ended up using snowbreeze to keep the baseband and then ran GP over to get cydia installed. If you want that site for the program to create an upgrade ipsw let me know. I am good to go now though it has been a long day.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner