Trying to JB Verizon iPhone - Leave on or turn off?

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm going to Jailbreak my Verizon iPhone tonight after work but just have a quick question that I couldn't find an answer to in the FAQ section. Do I HAVE to turn the phone off when starting the process?

I'm going to JB with greenpois0n and in the startup it says to turn it off befor proceeding. However I've watching youtube videos of guys doing it with the phone on. Does it really matter? Is this greenpois0n I have now an updated version which requires the phone to be off?

This is probably a stupid question but its first time JB a phone.

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I always done it by turning it off and then connecting it and putting it into DFU. I would go with turning it off and then connecting and then putting it into DFU. Always done it like that and I've never had a problem with it.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If I remember correctly you start with the phone on because Greenpois0n tool will tell you how to put the phone into DFU mode. Just be patient putting it into DFU is a little more tricky than recovery mode so if you don't get it on the first try just keep trying you'll get it. You should also search the forums to see what kind of problems you might encounter and how to solve them. Have fun and update us after you're done ;)

Cyder

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
If I remember correctly you start with the phone on because Greenpois0n tool will tell you how to put the phone into DFU mode. Just be patient putting it into DFU is a little more tricky than recovery mode so if you don't get it on the first try just keep trying you'll get it. You should also search the forums to see what kind of problems you might encounter and how to solve them. Have fun and update us after you're done ;)

Thanks. I've read up on all the stickies in regards to the greenopois0n JB so I'm all set if I run into any problems etc. I'll try it with the phone on tonight and see what happens.